seventeen.

"I'm scared," Jesse said as they sat in Parker's car. She looked at her younger brother confused. If he was fearful about his outfit choice, that was his fault. No one told him to dress like a cowboy.

"You'll be fine," Parker told him.

"But what if it's some old lady, what if it's a senior? Grace's friends are scary!" Jesse exclaims and Parker watches her brother carefully.

"Jesse, do you have a girlfriend?" she asks, wondering if that was why he was so fearful of being selected in the auction.

"What? No!" Jesse exclaims, "Gross."

"Boyfriend?" she asks suddenly and Jesse frowns at her.

"I'm not gay," Jesse tells her, "I just haven't found anyone that I really like, you know?"

Actually, Parker didn't know. She was currently torn between two people that she liked and cared about, but it was no big deal. There was no way she and Brooke could actually be a thing, especially not when Brooke was Lucas's ex.

"Do you want me to bid on you?" Parker asked, "I was going to bid on Jake, but I feel like he'll understand."

"Really?" Jesse asked, "Because one of the Senior girls said she had been saving up for me."

Parker laughed and shook her head, sometimes she forgot that Jesse was only fifteen years old, "I've got you."

They head into the school where Parker joins Haley and Peyton. They grin when they see her, cash in their hands.

"You bidding on Jake?" Peyton asked over the loud thumping music.

"Actually, I'm bidding on my brother," Parker tells them and both Haley and Peyton look at her strangely.

"Why?"

"Jesse's afraid of girls," Parker said, causing both of them to laugh.

The auction starts with most of the guys going at around $50. Tim is the next one out, dancing around in an embarrassing fashion. He ends up going for eight dollars to Nathan's mom which has all of the girls laughing.

"Next up is Jake," Haley says nudging Parker, "You sure you don't want to leave Jesse to the wolves?"

"Yeah," Parker says, watching as her boyfriend comes out in a raven costume. Jake dances around on the stage, taking off the raven costume piece by piece. She laughs as her boyfriend goes for a hundred dollars to a random bidder.

"Aren't you worried?" Peyton asks as she bumps Parker's shoulder. She shakes her head, knowing that Jake would never do anything to hurt her.

"Nah," Parker said, "Jake knows he has a good thing."

The other girls laugh as they look to see who's next to come out on stage. Lucas's name was next on the list as he walked out on the stage standing and dancing awkwardly.

"Take it off!" Parker yells, Lucas looks at her, a frown on his face and Parker just laughs.

The bidding starts quickly, going straight to a hundred dollars. Haley glares at the woman raising the bid, "$110, you know what $115!"

"Sold!" Whitey yells, slamming his gavel against the podium.

Haley smiles proudly, "Café savings. He's not worth it though."

"Next up is a fresh face!" Whitey exclaims, and Parker didn't need any other details to know that her brother was up next. With a grin, she looks at her two friends.

"Watch and learn ladies," she says as Jesse steps out from behind the curtains. He tilts off his cowboy hat and pretending that he's riding a horse, swinging around an imaginary lasso.