fifty

"Oh look, it's Tree Hill's star forward, well former star forward because the Tree Hill Ravens have a losing record," Parker teases as she runs into Nathan. The basketball player rolls his eyes, but smiles at her, nonetheless.

"Don't you have something better to do than harass me?"

Parker laughs, "Write about JV, but it's all so boring. I miss varsity."

"Well you could always quit cheer," Nathan suggests, but Parker is already disagreeing with the idea by shaking her head.

"And miss spending time with Rachel? No way," Parker tells him.

"Speaking of, how's that going?" Nathan asks, "You two official or is this a friends with benefits situation?"

"Not official," Parker says, "Certainly not just friends with benefits though."

"Ah," Nathan says, "The awkward tango."

Parker's eyebrows furrow, "Sorry, I am unfamiliar with that term."

Nathan chuckles, "You would be. It's that weird place you and Rachel are in. She's your girlfriend without actually being your girlfriend."

"Cool, awkward tango," Parker says, "Maybe I should bring it up the next time Rachel and I are alone, see if she's heard that term before."

Nathan chuckles, "Alright, alright. I may have made it up on the spot."

Parker shoves Nathan, "And the best you could come up with was awkward tango? Please do better."

"Will do," Nathan said giving a mock salute. Their conversation is cut short as Haley walks out of the school building, still in her cheer uniform. Parker's smile fades as she looks at her best friend. They hadn't really spoken since that day at Brooke's,

"Hey," Parker greeted.

"Hey," Haley replied, "Um-"

"Yeah, I'm just gonna go," Parker says pointing in the opposite direction She glances at Nathan, "Please win a game this year."

"I'll make sure we do so just for you, Parker," he replies sarcastically. She smiles and gives him a wave before walking toward her car. She no longer had to wait for Jesse after the games since he now had his license and could transport himself.

She threw her bag in the backseat before she felt two arms snake around her waist and fell into Rachel's familiar scent.

"You know anyone could see us, right?" Parker says in a low voice, her eyes looking at the many fans leaving the school.

"Eh I don't really care," Rachel told her, "So I was wondering if you wanted to come over and watch a movie or something?"

Parker had never really wondered about spending time with Rachel before. Occasionally they went out to dinner and did the things that couples did. Sometimes they just hung out at Rachel's house or Parker's, depending on whose parents were home. A movie wasn't anything complex, but it could go two ways, cuddling or sex depending on the movie choice.

"Sure, what movie?" Parker asked

Rachel shrugged, "Your choice."

Rachel was leaving it up to her which meant whatever movie Parker selected would set the tone for the rest of their evening. She didn't like having that kind of power.

"Okay, I'll meet you at yours," Parker goes to open her car door, but pauses, "Hey have you ever heard of the awkward tango?"

Rachel chuckles, "No, what's that?"