twenty-seven

"Alright, so we're gonna need to start making the yearbook pages. Do you think you can printout a spread for fall and winter sports pages?" Parker asked and Ryan, another junior in yearbook, nodded his head. Parker smiled at him and walked toward one of the computers.

"Is this yearbook?" Parker turned to see Anna walking into the library.

"Yeah," Parker answered, "Interested in joining?"

"Maybe," Anna tells her with a smile, "Are you in charge here?"

"Sometimes," parker answers, "I'm Copresident with my sister."

"Ah," Anna says with a smile, "Well I was wondering if you could help me with something?"

"Sure," Parker tells her.

"Do you know a guy named Lucas?"

Parker laughed, "Did you kiss him?"

"How'd you know?" Anna asked, her smile disappearing.

"Lucas is my best friend," Parker tells her, "He has a habit of kissing strangers."

"He told me about that," Anna said with a laugh.

"So, I guess you're interested in him," Parker said as she glanced back down at her clipboard checking off the fall and winter sports spreadsheets before waking over and checking on the progress of club photos.

"Maybe?" Anna said, "Is there anything I should know about?"

"His exes are Brooke and Peyton, but I think they've moved on," Parker muttered. She was pretty damn sure Brooke had moved on since she was willing to kiss Parker during dare night.

"You!" Parker and Anna both looked up to see Brooke angrily making her way into the library.

Parker let out a sigh as she looked down at the clipboard, "Speaking of angry exes."

"I refuse to share a page with JV," Brooke told her firmly.

"You have no choice," Parker said, "The spreadsheet has spoken."

She hears Anna laugh from beside her and Brooke's eyes narrow as she looks over at the new girl, "You."

"Me," Anna says with a grin, "I'm Anna Taggaro."

"Yeah, Felix's sister," Brooke says disinterestedly. She looks back at Parker, "I want Varsity cheer to have their own page."

"We all want things in life, but we can't have them," Parker tells her.

"Maybe you could have them if you stopped being so scared," Brooke mutters and Parker's eyes widen as she glances over at Anna and then back at Brooke. Her arms drop to her side as she feels her own anger growing.

"Well, maybe people don't go after things because they feel like a second choice because things didn't work out with the first."

"Second choice?" Brooke asks with disbelief, "When did I ever say that?"

"You didn't say it, but I-" Parker glances at Anna and the words die on her tongue, "Listen, Brooke. You're sharing a page with JV. Live with it."

"Fine," Brooke says storming out of the computer lab.

Parker lets out a sigh and glances behind her to see the entire computer lab staring at her. Parker raises an eyebrow, and everyone quickly turns their attention back to the computer screens in front of them.

"What was that about?" Anna asked.

"Nothing," Parker answers quickly, "Brooke can just be immature at times."