The UA Sports Festival, Part One

As Class 1-A and other participant classes made their way onto the field, Deku regretted her choice. She silently slapped herself for getting carried away with her emotions. That was so rude of her to say to someone who was just saying that he challenged her!

Heck, everyone was challenging each other just by participating.

Uraraka nudged her shoulder knowingly, quietly signaling that it was alright. Deku gave small smile in return, but her words still echoed in her head. She had been so close to being friends with Todoroki, especially after the USJ incident!

"Alright, alright, WELCOME EVERYONEEEEE!!!" Present Mic yelled into his microphone from the commentary booth up above. The crowds roared and cheered as everyone walked to their places. Heroes looked at each student, and the children felt the pressure.

"BEFORE WE BEGIN THIS AWESOME TOURNAMENT," Mic cheered, "LET'S HAVE A FEW WORDS FROM THE ONE WHO WAS FIRST IN THE PRACTICAL HERO COURSE EXAM!! FROM CLASS 1-A OF UA HIGH, HERE IS KATSUKI BAKUGOOOOO!!!"

Deku gulped suddenly. The rest of Class 1-A shifted from foot to foot nervously. Was this going to end well? Bakugo walked up leisurely to the microphone stand on a podium, his hands in his pockets. He looked up at every single person in the crowd before talking.

"I just wanna say...." he began....

Everyone held there breath.

"I'm gonna win."

"I KNEW HE'D SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!" Class 1-A groaned, freaking out. The crowd booed him and so did a few other classes. Present Mic mistook it for a playful challenge, but his classmates knew better.

"Bakugo!!" Iida waved his hands frantically. "You can't just say that! You are disrupting the prestigious image of UA High, particularly our class!"

"It's not my fault you extras are just stepping stones to my victory," he replied, turning around and giving his competitors a thumbs-down.

"WHAT A BOLD CLAIM!!" Mic chirped. "AND NOW, WITH THAT SAID, LET'S WELCOME MISS MIDNIGHT, THIS YEAR'S MODERATOR OF THE ANNUAL UA SPORTS FESTIVAL!!"

The R-Rated hero walked out, a bounce in her step. Kaminari, Sero, and a few other guys looked around, wondering if having a suggestive hero in her suggestive costume was really appropriate for a high school sports festival. Mineta, however, was in heaven.

Of course.

"Now, I want a clean battle, with sprightly youth and valor!" Midnight called out. "We are all watching, so please - best behavior? Thank you. Now for the first round, we are going to have......"