The Arrival

"The master is good," Shigaraki remarked, making a card tower. "I tried so hard to find out where those brats were going, and he figured it out in an instant. But he really showed me up..."

"It was worth having a team on standby, wasn't it?" Kurogiri asked as the card tower collapsed.

"I guess," Shigaraki shrugged. 

"I heard back from the union today," a voice said as the door to the bar the two villains were in opened up, a cloud of smoke blowing in. "You can expect a delivery tomorrow. It was thrown together quickly, so it might not look like much, but quality is guaranteed."

"I must apologize for the unreasonable request," Kurogiri said.

"Tell me, Shigaraki," Giran said as he walked in. "Do you know why the union accepted this outlandish order of yours? It's everyone's high expectations of you. Once your League steps into the light, the sideline scum will follow suit. And that only spells profit for humble brokers like me."

"You'll be so busy you won't be able to keep up," Shigaraki rasped.

"Looking forward to that," Giran chuckled, walking back out. "Anyway, thanks."

"The board is set with my pawns and their prey," Shigaraki grinned to Kurogiri. "Finally, the real game can begin."

--------------------------------------------------

"Now that your first semester is over," Aizawa droned, "it's time for summer vacation. However, don't think these will be months of rest for you. At this camp, we'll push you to go beyond your limits. You're aiming to become Plus Ultra."

"Yes, sir!" Class 1-A chorused.

"I'm so excited!!" Uraraka squealed, running up to Deku. "I've been looking forward to this camp all semester, Deku!"

Needless to say, her bright and sunny form was really close.

Really close.

"Oh, yeah, m-me too!" Deku stammered, not making eye contact in flushed embarrassment.

So close, Deku thought, wondering at the brunette's boundaries.

"What's the matter?" Uraraka asked, tilting her head.

"I'm just a little hot!" Deku replied quickly, taking a step back.

Uraraka blinked up at her, wondering what was wrong. The sudden flash of Aoyama's hair behind Deku, however, made her remember their practical exam. Blushing intensely from the often-remembered incident, she leaped away and tried to distract herself.

"Let's hear it for camp!" she awkwardly shrieked, jumping from side to side while clapping her hands. "Camp! Camp!"

"Camp! Camp!" Kaminari and Mina joined in.

Man, they sure are excited, Deku smiled quietly.

"I heard some of Class 1-A is taking extra courses!" an obnoxious voice called.