The End of Stain's Legacy

"You wanna be a hero, too, Tenya?" Tensei laughed, disassembling his hero suit and putting the parts away.

"Yes!" Little Iida replied, waving his arms. "A real cool one!"

"With robot arms?" Tensei smiled.

"Big brother?" Little Iida asked after a second. "I wanted to ask....what drives you to become a hero?"

"Hm," Tensei murmured, turning to put away his metal torso. "Well, our grandparents and parents were all heroes. So everyone expected I would stay in the family business."

Tensei beckoned for his metal helmet, which Young Iida quickly handed him.

"Plus," he grinned while taking it, "it made sense to me. I think the coolest people in the world are those who do things for others. I want to help someone when they're in trouble."

"And not be a police officer?" Iida inquired.

"Think of what I'm saying," Tensei chuckled, ruffling his younger brother's hair. "You take things at face value too much. But my secret is this: knowing that you look up to me makes me better. You are truly something special, Tenya. I have to make sure that I'm the one who makes you proud."

Iida stepped out of that memory, back in the now.

Here he was, taking his brother's name on and not living up to it.

"Watch your right!!" Deku called frantically, still paralyzed. Todoroki aimed his flames in the direction Stain was coming at him. Stain dodged and leaped away, cutting down the ice barriers that Todoroki kept throwing at him.

You're right, Hero Killer, Iida thought as tears fell down his face. These two are different from me. But still.....

"Ice and fire!" Stain cackled.

"Try dodging this, Hero Killer!!" Todoroki called, extinguishing his flames and setting up an icy path of spikes and walls.

"Anyone ever tell you that you rely on your Quirk too much?" Stain inquired as he dodged and ducked, getting closer to Todoroki.

Deku screamed, seeing what was about to happen.

"Makes you a careless fighter," Stain concluded, running under the blast of fire and swinging his sword at Todoroki.

Todoroki's left arm was going to getting sliced off.

"Todoroki!!" Deku screamed, seeing that the dual-haired boy would not move in time.

If I don't move now, Iida thought, standing in slow-motion, I'll never be able to be as good as Midoriya and Todoroki!! I won't bear the name Ingenium if I don't start now to be a hero!!

Iida's engines fired up, and he launched himself at Stain, punching him away from Todoroki. Todoroki was unharmed, and no blood was drawn. Iida stopped himself by Todoroki, and Stain got to his feet, now a good distance from them.

"Iida!" Deku cried with relief.

"You're free too?" Todoroki asked.

"Todoroki, Midoriya," Iida panted, "this has nothing to do with you. I apologize."

"This again?" Deku grit her teeth, still paralyzed. "We're not leaving!!"

"I'm okay," Iida stood, "but no more of either of your blood will be shed tonight!"

"It's no use trying to put up a heroic front no," Stain grunted, his blade now broken in half. "A person's nature doesn't change in just a few minutes. You'll never be anything but a fraud."