The Lies We Tell...

For an author's reasons, we shall not go and view the LOV's head members, as they watched their chaos get unraveled by heroes and police on that night in Hosu.

Instead, let us cut to a scene much later in time.

Hospital beds.

Pale blue hospital gowns.

White bandages.

"Did you sleep well, Midoriya?" Todoroki asked, gently opening the curtain that separated her from the boys.

The hospital they were staying in had many occupied rooms, due to the chaos of the previous night and all of the havoc the Nomus caused. Therefore, Deku, Iida, and Todoroki, having known each other and being a part of the Stain incident, were placed in the same hospital room. Some nurses came in beforehand to put up a curtain around Deku's bed. It was supposed to be one of subtle privacy.

"Not really," Deku mumbled, rubbing her eyes and sitting up in her bed. She wasn't beneath her covers, and was right next to the window. Her arms and legs were wrapped up with bandages.

"I figured," Todoroki sighed, stepping away from the open curtain and sitting back on his own bed across from her. "Me either."

"Looking back on our fight," Deku said, looking up, "we did something pretty amazing. It's a miracle we're even alive."

"Yeah," Todoroki nodded.

"My leg was really messed up, and he could've killed me if he wanted to," Deku went on, feeling her leg. "Even if you two were there to help me."

"He let us both live on purpose, because of what he thought about us, related to heroes," Todoroki said. "I'm impressed by you, though, Iida; even when he tried to murder you, you still fought."

"Not true," Iida shook his head, looking down as he sat on his bed on the other side of the room. "I....was..."

The room's door suddenly opened.

"Oh," Gran Torino grumbled. "About time you lazy degenerates woke up."

"Gran Torino!" Deku exclaimed.

"Manual, too," Iida faltered, seeing the hero he was interning with behind the retired elder.

"Idiot," Gran Torino growled, stomping up to Deku.

"Eep!" she yelped, cowering back a bit from the old man's annoyed gaze.

"I could yell at you for hours, you know!" he scolded her.

"I know," she whined, rubbing the back of her neck. "I...I'm sorry-"

"But before I do," he interjected, turning around, "you three zygotes have a visitor."

A tall person walked in. He had the head and limbs of a dog, but walked tall like a human. He wore a suit with a formal tie, and looked at the three kids.

"This is Hosu's chief of police," Gran Torino introduced. "Kenji Tsuragamae."

Tsuragamae? Deku thought. The chief?!

Todoroki and Iida stood up. They were able to do so, as their legs were uninjured; Their arms were the wounded parts. Deku tried to do the same with great effort, but...

"No, please," the dog-man woofed, waving her off. "Stay seated, miss. Woof."

Woof?!

"So, you're the UA students that brought down the UA killer, huh?" he asked.