インターンシップ、再び (Internships, Again)

It's been 5 days now since our UA students started their internships, and two days since the little-known Stain incident in Hosu.

Deku sat in her hospital bed on her phone, as her injuries had not yet healed. Everyone on the news, she noticed, was still obsessed with Stain and that freaky video that kept getting published after being repeatedly removed. They told the public Endeavor had saved seven pros and three students, and the battle between both him and Stain had resulted in an unfortunate death.

No names were made public.

Few knew the true story of what had really happened that night.

But in the end, it didn't matter.

Right?

It was all over now, anyway.

The injuries they had sustained would be passed off as accidents during Todoroki's, Iida's, and Deku's internships. The night Iida got back the examination results for his arms, he went back to his house with his mother. Todoroki and Deku watched him leave through the window, nodding a meaningful nod when he looked back and did the same.

Todoroki had light injuries for the most part, so he left that morning. He wanted to learn what he could from his father's agency, as his internship was still important to him. He also wanted to see his father's expression, knowing that he had no part in what actually occurred with Stain. Deku chuckled quietly, knowing that Todoroki became a little mean if it always came to Endeavor.

She looked at the window and smiled to herself, watching the fluffy clouds in the bright blue sky pass by.

She was sure everyone was well, and working hard right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is possible that people inspired by Stain's morals and death," Best Jeanist was saying, "will be more active now. This may just seem like a patrol, but keep your guard up."

"Yeah, yeah," Bakugo grumbled. His hair was combed down like Best Jeanist had styled, much to his distaste. The jeans were something he had sort of gotten used to now, but that didn't mean he liked walking around the area in front of other people in skinny pants.

"Here's a question for you," the pro asked, looking back slightly at his intern. "Patrols are meant to deter villains from doing their work, but it also has a secondary purpose. What would that be?"

"If we see some villains," Bakugo answered immediately with an evil grin, "we beat them up on the spot!"

"Wrong," Best Jeanist replied.

"Hey, it's Best Jeanist!" a schoolgirl squealed, and her friends around her shared her lovesick look and ad-libs.

"The right answer is," Best Jeanist went on, waving and earning fan-girl giggles, "to remind the public who we are, to give them peace of mind. I've told everyone this for quite some time."

"Tch," Bakugo rolled his eyes, disgusted at the girls. 

God, he thought, don't they have a little normie school to be at? I swear, they're worse than Deku. Well...Deku isn't overly gross, but she's still an idiot nerd--

"This helps weave a tapestry of trust," Jeanist added.

"I think you just like getting recognized," Bakugo retorted.

"Hey!" a little 7-year-old kid said, pointing up at Bakugo to his friends. "I've seen him before!"

God damn it, Bakugo sighed in his head. Another stupid fan from that dumb sports festival-