A Season For Encounters

Let's hear it for my executive dysfunction, horrible attention span, and my absolute disappointment in some wacko fans.

Honorable mentions include me hyperfixating on other fandoms and school taking up my time.

Yay.

Also, head's up? Over the course of these few AWOL months, my writing style has change a bit. I don't really know how to describe it, but if something in my tone or written imagery seems different than normal, that's just me.

That, and I'm switching between dub and sub.

So, yeah!

Welcome back, long-time readers, and welcome new readers.

Happy y'all could stick around, and I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

A ceiling fan, still.

An unmade bed with dishes and a few clothes scattered almost neatly across it, green blanket hastily folded at the head of the cot.

A messy floor with books and loose papers littering the surface.

A coat rack, two jackets hanging upon it.

A dusty mirror with a towel over its side, the glass frame propped on top of a wood dresser with mugs and more clothing articles.

The walls of this unkempt room were covered in musky wallpaper, the covering tearing in some places and seeming gloomy in the absence of any light.

More cabinets and different appliances like a fridge and desk looked dark and depressing in the dim room, covered in different pieces of paper or random items. Dust particles flew lazily around in the air, being blown about softly by an incoming wind. The air gusts originated from an open window above a heat radiator at the back of the room, the place's only source of light or life.

A man leaned heavily against the window pane there.

The male had messy blonde hair, a loose white tank and baggy cargo pants being the only things he wore. His feet were bare, and his arms exposed. The man had light skin and a muscled build, and was facing the outside world through the window he had in his hotel room. He smoked a cigarette, cloudy haze seeping from the protruding end out into the sky as his dark eyes bored into the place outside, a crudely-stitched scar seeming to split his face neatly in half.

Having a good sense of who you are is one of the most important things in life, he thought.

A brown-haired man, who wore a blue tie and nice dress pants, walked briskly down the sidewalk below with a briefcase in hand and a smile on his face. An older male was stopped at a crosswalk, a small grin tugging at the corners of his mouth as he texted a loved one on his phone, his eyes crinkling at the edges. A female who resembled a moose started up a conservation with a blonde friend beside her as they traveled down the pedestrian path, the two carrying purses and heading towards a shop. A trio of college-aged girlfriends passed them, laughing and talking amongst each other as one of the girls acted out a scene from an event last night, no doubt poking fun about whatever situation she was sharing.