The UA Sports Festival, Part Seven

We left off with Iida receiving the distressing news about his brother.

He did not take it well by himself.

However, I must ask once more that we set it aside, and continue with the festival.

That is what even he would wish to happen.

Todoroki stared at his hands on the table. He was alone in his waiting room, waiting for the final match between him and Bakugo. The night his mother burned his face played in his mind. Her words about his left side echoed in his head.

But then a new face appeared, from a new memory.

Izuku Midoriya, a strong and powerful girl, challenged him, even as she stood injured in a hopeless situation.

His mother, looking back at him as she realized that his young self had stumbled upon her disturbing phone conversation.

Midoriya, screaming that his power was his and his alone.

His mother, before that fateful night, telling him that he could be hero and not a blood prisoner.

Midoriya.

"I wonder," Todoroki said to himself, "when it started. I didn't even think about thinking about my left, until I fought with her."

He closed his fist.

"Mom...I-" he whispered.

A loud bang sounded from the waiting room's door. Bakugo had forcefully kicked it open. He looked disdainful, and it only annoyed him that Todoroki was in here.

"Why are you here?!" he demanded. "This is....Waiting Room Two?! God damn it...."

Todoroki turned away from Bakugo after a second, and this furthered the angry boy's irritation.

"I may have gotten the room wrong," he growled, sauntering with a wicked air into the room up to Todoroki, "but what's with that attitude against your final opponent?!...Hey!! Where are you looking, Half-and-Half Bastard?!?!"

With that last phrase, Bakugo slammed his right hand down on the table, setting off a medium explosion.

Todoroki was unfazed by the aggressive Quirk, but Bakugo's words.....

"That's..." he murmured. "Midoriya.....That's what she said to me as well. 'Where are you looking?'....She acted recklessly to destroy the burdens that I had been carrying...."

Todoroki looked up at Bakugo.

"You guys are childhood friends, right?" he asked. "Was she always like that, when you were younger?"

Bakugo, his eyes twitching, remembered the day that damn nerd stepped in to save him from the sludge villain. He was thrown back to the day she tried to help him stand when he fell into the river. He clenched his fists.

"That damn nerd," Bakugo snarled. 

Bakugo roughly kicked the fold-able table away, mildly surprising Todoroki.

"Who the hell cares about her?!" he seethed. "Seriously, who the hell cares?!?! I don't give a shit about your stupid feelings or family issues - Just use your left flames on me, too!!"

Todoroki narrowed his eyes as Bakugo stalked out of the room.

"I will hold them down from above!" he swore, slamming the room's door shut.

I'll crush that half-assed idiot indisputably, Bakugo thought with menace as he stormed down the hallway to his own waiting room. And then, I'll be at the very top!!