The UA Sports Festival, Part Two

Oh God, Deku thought to herself. Who's gonna team up with me?! I'm going to  get left alone or stuck with people no one else picked! I mean, that's fine! I appreciate new friends and all, but this is bad!

Winning sucks.

"O-Ojiro, do you want to team up with m-me?" Deku stammered hopefully, walking up to her tailed classmate.

"U-Uh, s-sorry, Midoriya," he mumbled, side-stepping the girl.

Desperation gripped the female, and she whirled around. Everyone was avoiding her! She hung her head....How would this turn out?

"Deku!" a familiar voice called.

"Uraraka!" Deku gasped, hope in her green eyes.

"Wanna team up?" 

"Y-You want to team up with me?" Deku asked in disbelief. "B-but everyone will be coming after me!"

"Then we'll just have to win and take those ten million points with us!" Uraraka replied happily. "Besides, it better and more fun to team up with people you know!!"

Deku ran at the girl, enveloping her in hug and tears threatening to spill. This Zero-Gravity Girl was too pure. Uraraka giggled before both girls heard a new voice.

"You're the one that got first place?"

"Y-yeah?" Deku answered turning around before an outstretched hand was shoved in her face.

"I'm Mei Hatsume!" the pink-haired gadget whiz from the first challenge introduced proudly. "Mind if I join your team?"

"Sure!" Deku agreed, happiness flooding her as she shook the girl's hand. "And you don't mind that we're a huge target at all?"

"Please, that's why I am here," Mei giggled. "Everyone's eyes will be on the first place team, and there I can showcase my babies!!"
"Babies....?" Uraraka trailed off.

"All the big support item companies are watching!" Mei exclaimed. "If everyone has their eyes on you out of anticipation and curiousity, then this will be the first way to showcase my items!! And if we win, I'll be able to give a full display of all of the things I created in the final round!!"

"Alright, looks like we have a third member," Deku grinned. "Now we just need a horse......"

"Iida!" Uraraka suddenly called, waving her free arm. "Over here!"

Iida made his way over to the two girls. Deku, seeing an opportunity, quickly began to explain her plan. Iida was powerful and strong, and his engine speed would make for a perfect horse. They could also use some of Mei's flying machines and Uraraka's Quirk for a more defensive stance in this round.

"That sounds like a good plan," Iida affirmed. ".....But I must decline."
"Huh?" Uraraka gasped.

"Why?" Deku inquired, her heart sinking.

"The way Todoroki challenged you in the locker rooms..." Iida said slowly, looking down. "It....It made me think that maybe.......while we are friends...we can't always rely on each other. You won the first round easily without a Quirk, and with a Quirk.....you're an even bigger rival. Besides.....I am already on a team with Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, and Kaminari. I'm sorry, Midoriya, but I too will challenge you."

With that, Iida walked away. He came to stand beside his other teammates, who stared at Deku's partial team. Deku stared right back, trying not cry.

"But who's our horse now?" Mei asked.

"We barely have a minute left to make a full team," Uraraka groaned.

".....We won't need it," Deku said after a moment, walking towards someone. "I have an idea again."