The UA Sports Festival, Part Six

"That Midoriya didn't even make it to the semi-finals."

"What did she get out of provoking his full power?"

"Did you see what she looked like afterwards? Yikes."

"The arena is completely destroyed. It'll take a while to fix that for the next match."

"Either way, that was some crazy power the both of them had."

"Yes, but with a Quirk's downside like that, there's no way she'll ever become a pro."

"She's got quite the spirit."

"She's weak, and will only end up hurting herself."

"I was intrigued by her until the cavalry battle..."

"How did she even get into 1-A, or UA at all?"

"It's just a shame, really."

Bakugo was getting angry. The crowd's whispers carried into their booth. Class 1-A fidgeted uncomfortably.

---------------------------------

"You aren't telling me to get out of the way," Endeavor noted, looking at Todoroki.

They were in the hallway that Todoroki had confronted Deku in earlier. Todoroki stood in front of his father, who blocked his path. Todoroki was still half-shirtless in his gym uniform, and his face showed cold disdain for the man before him.

"You can't just let your fire out like that," Endeavor went on. "It was dangerous for you to do so. You need to learn control over your left side."

Endeavor then held out his arms.

"But, at last, you have abandoned your childish tantrum and have become a perfect upgrade of me," he continued. "After you graduate, come work for me. I will lead you down the path of the mighty."

He held out his hand.

"There's no way I can abandon everything again," was Todoroki's reply as he studied his left hand. "It's not something that can be easily reversed.....It's just....back then......for one instant....I forgot you."

Endeavor's eyes widened, and the hand he had held out pulled back slowly.

"Whether it's a good or bad thing," Todoroki went on, walking past, "Whether it's wrong or right....I need to think about it...."

---------------------

"Your right arm is shattered," Recovery Girl muttered, examining the broken girl in her temporary office, "and it will never be the same as before, after what you pulled, lass. I'll need to remove the bone shards so they don't damage your joints further. After that, I will heal you."

All Might stood nervously by the girl's bedside. Deku was wrapped in bandages, and her broken leg was set in a coiled brace. Her face had pain written all over it, but she held on, fighting to stay awake in reality. Recovery Girl looked at the greenette and sighed.

"To push and light a fire under such a determined child with dreams and hopes, who would hurt herself just to reach what she yearns for others...." she said softly, "....I don't like it."

She looked at All Might, in his skeletal body.

"Both of you are going to far," she reprimanded. "You can't praise her for this. Never mind that she helped a boy use his power for some personal reason --- he used that power on her. To defeat her."