Internships

Deku walked up to the address she had been given. The train ride she had been on for a while separated her from her friends quickly, but that was okay. It would give her time to prepare.....for whatever All Might was afraid of.

She checked the address on her slip of paper as she arrived, looking up and confirming. It was a bit of a run-down building. Taking a deep breath, she walked up and knocked on the door. When she received no answer, she realized that it was unlocked.

"H-Hello?" she said, opening the door gently. "I'm Izuku Midoriya, from UA High. I'm really looking forward to--"

Her eyes adjusted to the dark.

An old man in a hero suit lay on the floor in a pool of red.

"AAAH!!!" Deku screamed. "He's dead?!"

"I'm alive," the old man's head popped up, a smile on his face as he looked at the girl.

"Alive?!" Deku repeated, still frightened.

"I was carrying these ketchup-covered sausages," the elder said, standing up with the help of a cane and brushing the red sauce off of him. "I fell down while trying to answer the door. Clumsy me! Who are you, now?"

"Izuku Midoriya from UA High!" Deku responded.

"What?" the old man asked, cupping his ear to hear her better.

"I'm Izuku Midoriya!" Deku repeated, louder this time.

"Who are you?" the old man inquired again, removing his hand.

C-Crap, Deku thought. He's kinda crazy. I knew he taught All Might, but to be this old and far off in age?

"I want to eat something," the old man said, plopping down on the floor. "Toshinori!!"

"T-That's not me, um...." Deku stammered, waving her hands. "A-ah, I need to make a quick phone c-call, okay?"

I need to let All Might know the state this guy is in, Deku thought, dialing her mentor's number before a noise caught her attention.

"Aah?!" Deku exclaimed, whirling around to catch the old man opening her hero suit briefcase and rifling around. "What're you doing?!"

"Fire off a One For All at me," the old man responded, ignoring the girl and continuing to go through the case.

Deku stopped.

"I wanna know how well you can handle it," the old man went on, stopping his motions.

What's with this guy? Deku wondered. At first, his actions were so.....and then.....

"This is a good costume," remarked the elder. "Put it on and fire!"

"Um..." Deku started.

"Who are you?" the old man said again, looking at the girl.

It's no good, Deku groaned in her mind. He won't listen to me unless I do what he says. 

"I need to hurry and handle OFA," Deku said, clenching her scarred fist tightly. "All Might doesn't have any time left. That's why....I can't waste time to mess around with you, sir. Please excuse me."

Deku turned and started for the door, momentarily forgetting her hero case.

"In that case....." the old man said in a low voice, making Deku pause and turn around.

Suddenly, the old man shot up off of the floor. He landed on a far-away wall, and then shot himself through the air to the opposite one. Up and down, side to side. Deku could just barely follow his swift movements. He then shot himself without warning towards the greenette. She dodged by a hair, and the old man landed and held on to the wall-space above the door. He stared her down a grin and daring eyes as he shut the door from his strange perch.