New Plan

Hey, guys. I know I already updated today, but something came up.

I may not be active on here for a day or two, so here's the first of two chapters that I'm releasing early.

Enjoy~

"But...How did he get this way?!" Deku cried, watching Dark Shadow rampage in their area while riding on top of Shoji's back behind a tree.

"Keep it down," Shoji hissed, watching the red-eyed beast destroy some nearby trees. "After Mandalay told us what happened and not to engage the villains, we were on high alert. Tokoyami kept Dark Shadow out for protection, but the access to darkness began to make the monster stronger. Even then, one of the villains got the drop on us. I tried to cover Tokoyami, even when one of my arms was cut off."

Shoji flashed back to the jagged and extended blades falling from the sky, severing his hand. Tokoyami called out his name, dodging the blades all while getting dragged back by one that had snagged his clothes. Shoji had leapt into a bush, trying to cover for him.

"Really?" Deku looked down at the bleeding limb.

"It looks bad, but it's not like it's lost forever," Shoji assured her. "My arms can make many duplicates, and only a duplicate was cut off. The thing is, though....Tokoyami couldn't stand seeing my blood on the ground. He lost all control of Dark Shadow then."

Dark Shadow crashed into another tree, tearing its trunk apart.

"The darker it is, the less control he has over it," Deku said. "I had no idea his Quirk could explode like this, though."

"It's probably also fueled by his righteous indignation and regret that he'd been suppressing," Shoji noted.

Shoji stepped on a twig. It snapped, and Dark Shadow flew over at them, destroying the top of the tree they were hiding behind. Shoji ducked, evading the shadow beast.

"It lunges at any movement or sound that it perceives," Shoji grunted.

"Forget about me!!" Tokoyami strained. "Go!! Find everyone else!! Help them instead!!"

Tokoyami struggled against the shadowy hold the spirit had over him.

"Stop this!!" he yelled. "Calm down, Dark Shadow!!"

"His Quirk has a weakness to light," Shoji muttered. "If we can lead them to a fire or back to camp, we can contain it.....Midoriya....I know these are strange circumstances, but I can't just leave a suffering friend behind. You forced your body here because you were worried about Bakugo. If you still want to save him, I'll distract Dark Shadow for you. Then you can run."

"Nnh," Deku strained. "Hold on. The fire at camp is too far away...You'll be in danger if he-!!"

Dark Shadow, hearing her, lashed out fully on the tree they were hiding behind. The monster destroyed it as Shoji made a mad dash to another tree safely. They turned swiftly to watch Dark Shadow's movements.

"I know that," Shoji protested. "But to save people, you have to take risks! That's what makes a hero a hero! That's what you did! Will you stay with me for Tokoyami, or will you rush to Bakugo's side?"

Deku bit her lip.

"You have to make a choice. Right now," Shoji said quietly, keeping an eye on the monster.

Deku shut her eyes tight, grunting softly. Her pain was becoming more than a dull throb. She had to act fast.

"I already have," Deku said firmly.