Practical Exams, Pt. 1

"Dark Shadow, get Asui!" Tokoyami yelled.

Dark Shadow roared and grabbed Asui's waist in its dark beak, flinging her up and away .

"Asui," Tokoyami shouted up to her, "your turn!"

"Got it!" she called back, her long tongue darting out at an extreme length and wrapping around her partner.

She pulled him out of the chaotic mess of clones and swung him up. Her hands and feet latched onto the higher wall and she threw him over. He landed lightly on one of the floors and helped her up. Both re-took their fight stance.

"Glad we made a plan before!" she croaked, and Tokoyami seconded that.

"Nice!" Uraraka cheered in the observation room.

"An escape move that only they could pull off!" Deku pumped her fist into the air.

"It's good communication," Recovery Girl remarked, walking back in. "It doesn't look like it, and it may not seem like much, but it's important that they talk to each other the way they do now. It's a good thing to have a sidekick or a teammate you match well with."

"Even though this is an exam, we're being forced to deal with our weaknesses on purpose, right?" Deku asked.

"That's correct," Recovery Girl nodded.

"I wonder what they have to work on," Deku murmured, turning back t the screen. " The only weakness I know is Tokoyami's needs for Dark Shadow in extreme light or extreme dark, but surely the teacher match-up can't be a bad one."

"It is truly bad for young Tokoyami, my dear," Recovery Girl sighed.

"What? Why?" Uraraka inquired.

"You'll see," was the only response either girl would receive.

Ectoplasm's clones watched the pair run along the pathway of the higher floor.

"Running from a fight, I see?" they noted. "Well, no matter."

Deku looked and saw why the clones were not too concerned. The original maker, the true Ectoplasm could be seen on another video feed. Ectoplasm was standing guard at the escape gate.

More clones formed and stood in front of Tokoyami and Tsuyu, stopping them.

"Go, Dark Shadow!" Tokoyami ordered.

Dark Shadow darted out and proceeded to attack the clones. The monster swung out and threw a clone back into a wall while punching another, causing both to dissolve into the very substance it was formed in. Tokoyami focused on controlling Dark Shadow with the remaining clones, but he saw and heard the two clones he had taken out form behind him too late.

However, Tsuyu was able to knock both of them back, using her legs and tongue to land blows and make them dissolve.

"Thanks," Tokoyami muttered.

Dark Shadow made a sloppy lunge at the remaining clones, due to the distraction. Ectoplasm's creations ducked and ran at Tokoyami. Tsuyu used her powerful legs to make a hug jump away, higher into the building. Her tongue wrapped around her friend, bringing him up with her as Dark Shadow made up their defense.

"They just keep coming," Tsuyu wiped her forehead, dropping down by him.

"Indeed," Tokoyami nodded.

All clones then formed immediately in front of the pair. There would be no stopping this. It was a definite thing that running away would not be easy for much longer.

"Tokoyami's strength is his quick attacks," Recovery Girl explained back in the observation room. "This allows him to keep a safe distance. He won't be hold up if something gets in close, however."