Fantasy AU Promo

"...Walk me through it again, Izuku, sweetheart," Inko Midoriya fanned her face, staring intently at her daughter.

The young greenette sighed, and began her tale once more.

I was walking along the path by the brook, observing the forest life and everything, writing it all down in my journal. I was just doing routine sketches and updates, since I had already covered this area. But then I saw something in the water.

I had not remembered this being here.

I bent down and peered closer, and saw that the shiny object was a yellow stone, looking almost golden as it glinted in the sun.

I reached down to touch it, and once I picked it up....It was as if I had left my body and was watching myself.

I saw myself walk away, deeper into the forest. I turned off of one of the worn paths, taking a road that was not marked or trodden. I ducked under trees and pushed past bushes, trying to find a place I didn't know.

Fog and smoke seemed to seep over the ground as I moved the farther into the forest, on this unknown path.

Finally, I reached a cave.

It was here that I seemed to float back into my body.

I went inside reluctantly, as the stone in my palm shone ever more brightly.

I still wasn't myself, really. Too much was happening too fast. If I had been in my right mind or looked at the situation the way I normally do, perhaps I would have turned back or investigated the area a little bit more.

But this time, I felt like I had to just head straight in to the unknown.

The cave was dark, and my eyes were slow to adjust.

The stone acted as my light, or my torch, and it guided me through the labyrinth of tunnels and passage-ways. Without it, I suppose I could have been completely lost. As I walked, a bit of my old self came back, and I wrote in my journals. I observed the place and slowed my pace, and the stone still shone despite how much time I took looking around.

Either way, this cave and this stone had to lead me somewhere.

And both did.

After following the stone for some time, I came to a dark tunnel entry. The only thing that separated it from the other tunnel entries was that the fog and smoke only crept into here. A chill went down my spine, but in I walked.

It was only a short while before another golden glow, similar to the stone but not from the stone, started to grow in brightness as I walked. It was getting closer, or rather, I was getting closer. When I turned a corner, I stopped.

The soft yellow glow, the brighter one, was coming from a sword. The sword was planted in a stone, with its handle upright. The hilt was golden, and I noticed intricate markings and designs on it.

Intrigued, I walked up to it, stowing my journals in my pack. I held the stone in my left palm as I walked up to the larger rock. The sword seemed to gleam brighter as I neared.

I reached out at the sword tentatively, gently grasping the hilt in my hand. The smoke and fog curled up around me and the large stone. I got kind of spooked, but I didn't let go.

I slid the sword out of the stone.

And a booming voice, sounding kind, spoke throughout the cave.