Provisional Licensing Exam, Pt. 5

Yes.

Have another crappy edit.

That barely did anything.

Um-

Okie.

That's all.

Wash your hands.

Say your prayers.

Be nice to your family.

Aoyama is the traitor.

On to the story.

Let's go-

Class 1-A had just passed the first phase of the provisional licensing exam. The hundred students who had passed were gathered in the anteroom, having nervously quiet conversations. When Mena began speaking, he immediately instructed them to turn their attention to the screens on the walls. As they all did so, the screens changed to show different parts of the arena.

"It's the test arena," Deku realized.

"What happens next?" Uraraka wondered aloud.

A city-scape was shown on display. Skyscrapers and building were captured in the slightly fuzzy feed. Without warning, one of the larger buildings exploded around its middle, smoke and fire blazing out from the site. More buildings and towers followed suit, erupting into flames and searing chaotic crashes. The structures began to topple down everywhere, the ground shaking and the whole place catching fire. Even the rocky terrain areas were falling apart, triggering its own destruction.

Everyone in the room was shocked and stunned into fearful silence. Why was the place getting destroyed? Why was the arena tearing itself apart? No one moved an inch, their eyes glued to the screen.

"Wait..." Deku breathed. "Does that mean....."

"There's only one more round to the exam," Mena's voice echoed around the room, the entire arena smoking on the screen. "Your goal is simple: Undertake rescue exercises and save the bystanders who are trapped in these disaster sites."

"Save the what now?" Mineta and Kaminari muttered, confused.

"'Bystanders'," Hagakure repeated. "We learned about them in class, remember? They're people at a disaster scene."

"It can also simply refer to innocent civilians or citizens on the street," Yaoyorozu added.

"Use this time to show us how you will carry out successful rescue procedures," Mena went on, "once you receive your provisional licenses. Treat this as though it were the real thing."

Deku stood in place, her eyes fixated on the screen. A lot was running through her quick mind, but one thing stood out. It was All Might.

Specifically, her favorite video of All Might.

The one where he came to officially debut in his most recent hero costume, saving so many people from a disaster site.

Carrying people on his back, walking out of fire and over damaged structures and objects.

He saved so many people that day.

It was also the video she had seen the night she lost all hope.

The night her heart finally shattered.

When she knew was Quirkless and could never become a hero.

But other than that, more images flashed through her mind.