The UA Sports Festival, Part Four

"There you go," Recovery Girl kissed Deku's hand, healing it.

"In the match..." Deku said, moving her fingers, "I couldn't smile with Shinso.....not until that battle was over, and even then, it ended in my favor...."

"Well, his cries hit close to home for you, huh?" All Might sighed, rubbing his forehead.

Deku was in Recovery Girl's temporary office in the stadium, getting her fingers healed. It was a few minutes before the next battle. All Might was there, too, in his withered state.

"Poor child," Recovery Girl sighed, before looking at All Might with a stern glance. "You put some sort of pressure on this girl again, didn't you?! "

She whacked All Might on his side.

"It was necessary," All Might wheezed.

"W-wait!" Deku interjected, looking at All Might. "Before I freed myself from the trance...I had a vision. I saw eight people, and then color flooded around me. I heard voices, and felt-"

"Hope, yes?" All Might guessed, his successor nodding after a second. "Well, yes....That's the One For All Quirk acting up...What you saw, my lass, was all of the prior hosts of this blessed power. They helped you free yourself."

"One of them looked like you," Deku said, recalling the fuzzy details of one of the shadow's skeletal face.

"..........I've seen that same vision," All Might sighed, leaning against a medical table. "I wasn't with the other hosts, of course, but it's a clear sign that you have a stronger grasp on One For All."

"Really?" Deku breathed.

"Yes," All Might nodded. "It wasn't the existence of the vision that helped you escape, but the strong emotions of every user, combined with your own. These feelings were powerful engough to help you."

Deku looked down at her hands. That didn't explain much, really. It was an amazing occurrence, for sure......But she still had a lot to learn. It wasn't as much of an informative answer as she had hoped it would be.

"BUT!!" All Might went on. "Now you must teach yourself how to not get hurt."

"Wha-How?!" Deku said, incredulous. "I've been trying to imagine that egg in the microwave, like we practiced earlier, but any hit I get in on something only breaks myself."

"Alas, this is what I cannot help you with," All Might held up his hands. "I would've done that by now. It takes time --- It took time for me, you know. But I'm sure that if this vision you saw is true, then perhaps you are closer to achieving that goal than you thought."

"Yes, seeing you is getting tiresome," Recovery Girl added, shoving Deku out. "You learn how to not hurt yourself, and maybe I won't hate seeing you less often. Anyway, don't you have to go see who you fight next?"

"Ah! R-Right! Thank you!" Deku yelped, running out of there to the Class 1-A observation room.

"You were there in his vision, too," Recovery Girl whispered when the girl had gone.

".....That is good...." All Might sighed.

"Deku!" Uraraka called as the greenette entered the room. "Good job!"

"We saved a seat for you!" Iida grinned, pointing to the chair next to him.

"Thanks!" Deku smiled, plopping down in her designated spot before turning to the seat behind her.

"Great job," Ojiro laughed, bumping her outstretched fist. "You had me worried for a second."

"I'm sorry," she laughed weakly. "I got a bit carried away for a moment."