chapter 9

he's lying in bed, in darkness and silence with his eyes closed as he replays the night in his head. that night. that night is the only thing that's keeping him sane right now. then again, maybe he's not sane. he doesn't feel it. he feels like he losing his mind. sanity hanging on by a thread, consumed by his need, his addiction.

"you okay?"

a warning growl rumbles in the back of his throat when he hears the footsteps come into his room. "I wanna be alone."

namjoon sighs, "taehyung, you've been like this ever since we left. you need to stop moping around in your room and go fucking feed before you die." the other doesn't reply. they sit there in silence for what feels like an eternity. yoongi eventually comes in to check up on the two and make sure taehyung didn't have a breakdown and kill the other.

"seriously, you gonna fucking die. you haven't fed in weeks," the eldest says. "is this all about that human? you're still fucking sulking over him? jesus, taehyung. there's plenty of humans out there for you to terrorize, he's nothing special."

the youngest has him against the wall in the blink of the eye. his knuckles turn white as he fists yoongi's shirt. "don't fucking talk about him like that." red-hot rage quickly spreads through his entire body and he tries his best not to throw the elder through the wall. he's usually better at controlling his temper, but he's been irritable and testy from the hunger.

"taehyung, we're trying to help," namjoon says as he tries to pry the younger's hands off yoongi.

taehyung sharply exhales, buries his hands into his face. "well you're not. I don't need help." he's such a liar.

"well maybe if you got off your ass and go feed then you'd feel better."

they'll never understand. they would understand if they tasted jeongguk. god, jeongguk. how can he ever go from his jeongguk's rich, mouthwatering blood to another random human's now? he can't, he tried. he's killed at least ten people ever since they got to this new town and none of them had been as satisfying as his human. his desire eats away at him everyday that passes. if he doesn't taste him again soon he might actually go mad. if he doesn't see him soon he'll definitely go mad. he went from seeing jeongguk almost everyday for weeks to never being able to see him for months and it was killing him.

they could probably go back now. now that the deaths have stopped, the town is probably no longer on high alert. he thinks about suggesting it to the other two, but he knows namjoon would never allow it. they have a rule of never going back to the same place to keep the risks of getting caught down. taehyung had already gotten an earful from him when he told him about jeongguk. they aren't supposed to leave any witnesses or victims alive. 'are you crazy' namjoon had said. 'what's stopping him from telling everyone about you? we need to leave now before anyone finds out.'

taehyung knows he shouldn't want to risk his life either, but he just needs to see him. it's almost physically painful, heart wrenchingly so, not to be near him. something inside him craves for jeongguk. the monster in him driven by a fervent jeongguk for the human, trying to claw its way out to get to its prey. perhaps it's not jeongguk that he's haunted by, perhaps it's the hunt, the thrill of it all excited him so much.

he knows that's not true. he wishes it was, it would make everything so much easier. he could go back and finally kill jeongguk and that would be the end of it. when he closes his eyes all he can see is the human's small body beneath him, skin covered in sweat and tinted pink. his pretty lips are swollen, parted, panting desperately. it's music to taehyung's ears, sends a shot of pleasure down south.

"I have to go," he finally says. he gets out of bed and grabs his belongings, which isn't much, just a backpack with some clothing. they travel so much they don't carry much with them. yoongi doesn't even have a bag, he always steals things from his victims wherever he goes rather then keeping anything.