chapter 37

No matter how hard the human tries to hide it, taehyung can still feel the slight trembling of his hands as he threads them into his hair, mouth falling open to welcome the vampire's tongue. He doesn't know if jungkook's simply upset or if there's something else he's not telling him, but the human's heart is thudding loudly in his chest. He can hear and feel it as he pulls him close, their mouths never breaking apart. He decides to let it go for now, not wanting to upset the human any further.

With a hand on the back of jungkook's neck, taehyung gently tips his head back as he peppers kisses from his lips to his jaw and down his neck. jungkook's skin is warm and soft to the touch, so incredibly inviting that the vampire takes a moment to press his lips against his throat, appreciating the way he trembles underneath his touch. He slips a hand underneath the human's shirt, flattens his palm against his back and slowly runs it down the soft skin. jungkook's jaw slackens. A soft, airy gasp falls from his mouth and eyes flutter shut as taehyung mouths at his throat and underneath his jaw.

"W-Wait-"

The vampire immediately halts his ministrations, ready to stop if jungkook wants him to, even though stopping is the last thing he wants to do.

"N-No marks-" jungkook stammers, already sounding so pleasantly lost in the haze of pleasure.

taehyung bites back a satisfied grin and allows his hands to roam free again. "I know, I know," he says. "Just wanna touch you."

jungkook's barely standing on his own now. All weak-kneed and breathless, he practically needs taehyung to hold him up. His head lolls to the side, eyelids falling closed and jaw falling open once again as taehyung presses his tongue flat on a patch of skin underneath his jaw and sucks. A needy whine falls from jungkook's mouth as the vampire latches his lips to the side of his neck and gently bites down, not hard enough to break skin.

"t-taehyung," he whimpers, fingers curling into the vampire's shirt. His voice is breathy and high pitched. It sounds so nice taehyung wants to record it, so he can play it back whenever he likes.

"Not gonna bite," taehyung murmurs. And he won't, no matter how much he wants to. It's too risky to leave bite marks on the neck right now with a hunter on the loose. That doesn't mean he can't enjoy how wonderfully obedient jungkook is being right now, offering his neck like the good little human he is. Every time taehyung's teeth grazes his skin, jungkook's breath hitches in his throat and body shakes ever-so-slightly.

The vampire presses his tongue on his jugular and curls his tongue, licking and sucking, peppers the whole expanse of his exposed neck in wet kisses. jungkook gasps and writhes in his arms, encouraging taehyung with his fingers tightening their grasps on his hair, pulling him closer. His skin tastes of sweat- salty, yet splendidly sweet on his tongue.

After jungkook's hesitance the first time taehyung asked him if he wanted him to leave, he's been so worried the human will change his mind one day. There's always been that doubt in the back of his head. The uncertainty of jungkook being able to accept him. After all, the only reason why jungkook let him into his life is because taehyung threatened to kill him, forcing him against his will to invite a monster into his home.

The vampire's been doing everything he can to change into someone who doesn't hurt jungkook all the time. But the fear of even his best attempts not being enough will always be there to haunt him. Right now, however, those thoughts are the last thing on his mind because jungkook kissed him. jungkook is the one who came to him. The one who pulled him closer when he could've pulled away instead like he wants him. jungkook wants him.

He slides his hands down the back of the human's thighs and hoists him up with ease. jungkook instinctively wraps his legs around his waist and wraps his arms around his neck to keep from falling. Now completely face to face, taehyung leans in to capture jungkook's lips with his own once again as he carries him to the bedroom and gently lies him down on the mattress.