xlvl. exams

"He wants to what?!"

"Resign. He feels it's not 'fun' anymore."

"Can you actually blame him?" Tori glanced up at the bushy-haired first year, who quickly looked back down into her book.

Hermione Granger was extremely smart, and Tori had a lot of respect for her because of it. Sure, Tori was two years older, but Hermione knew things about her work that even Tori didn't. That's why they sat with each other to study for exams.

Tori looked back at Oliver Wood, who was in a very distraught state. "We can't win without him!" He cried, dramatically placing his hand over his eyes. Except, he meant it.

"Maybe we all should have been a little bit nicer... but you can't blame us! We're in the last place for the house because of Harry!" Tori sighed, put her scroll down on her lap. Ever since Harry had lost them one hundred and fifty points, the quidditch team hadn't been the nicest.

They called him "The Seeker" and didn't really talk to him. Tori felt horrible about it, but she was overtaken with stress from not only having to win the Quidditch cup but having to also study for her exams.

"I'll try talking to him." Tori offered, Oliver collapsed into a chair across the table from the two girls. "We need this win." He leaned his head back, staring at the ceiling.

"Or you do..." Tori muttered, getting a small smile from Hermione. The two continued to study as Oliver pouted about the Quidditch game. It wasn't till later that Tori actually saw Harry.

She sitting by the lake, watching the twins and Lee try and tickle the squid in the lake. "If it grabs you, I'm not jumping in to help."

"That's rude! I jumped in to help you when you were drowning!" Fred glanced up at her, only to meet her annoyed gaze. Tori crossed her arms. "Yes. But, that was your fault. Now, this would be your fault since it was your idea."

Fred snickered, turning back to the rippling waves as the sun reflected off them. Tori noticed Harry walking alone out of the corner of her eyes.

"I'll be right back..." She told the boys, she got no response. She rushed after the first year, waving her hand to get his attention.

"Harry! Hey! Harry!" She called, running up to catch up with him. The boy stopped, looking at her confused. "Hey..." She caught her breath, "Look, I know that you want to resign from Quidditch."

"I just don't want to ruin this for anyone else..." He admitted sadly. Tori sighed, patting his shoulder gently. "Harry, I know we were... a bit rude, but seriously. We can't win without you. We were all angry about losing so many house points, and we shouldn't have made you feel that way. You're a fantastic seeker, let alone the youngest in a century!"

Harry meekly chuckled. "Just... think about it, please?" He nodded and left. Tori watched him go before returning back to the group.

"What was the about?" Fred asked, in knee-high water. Tori shook her head, only shrugging. "Quidditch stuff," She stood at the edge of the grass, watching Lee go a bit deeper.