cvii. a suprising announcement

"So, Dumbledore can't do anything?" Angelina asked Tori as they made their way up the staircase

"So, Dumbledore can't do anything?" Angelina asked Tori as they made their way up the staircase. She had explained the whole thing to Angelina about her and Cedric complains to Dumbledore about the rumors Rita Skeeter was spreading. Tori nodded, sighing. "He can't control what's the Daily Prophet puts out. All he can do is put more restrictions on Skeeter. So until then, everyone thinks I'm dating Cedric."

"We don't. And well... at least Alyssa and Iris spoke to you."

When Tori had first been sorted into Gryffindor there were two other girls in her dormitory. They weren't the nicest. Tori hadn't seen them since they move into their friend's dorm.

At lunch that day, the two girls went right up to Tori while she was eating, startling her. "Is it true your dating Diggory?" Alyssa asked her. She was obviously much older now, yet still seemed to have that 'I'm judging you' attitude.

"Uh. No." Tori gave Angelina a wide-eyed look.

"So... he's available?" Iris asked. Tori formed her lips into a thin line. "Okay, we're done here."

"That's the first thing they've said to me in six years." Tori shook her head, laughing to herself. "You'd think it'd be with a hello."

The two girls laughed, leading into Professor McGonagall's class. There were chairs on each side, and McGonagall was instructing boys and girls apart. Once all of the Gryffindor students were seated and finally quiet, Professor McGonagall stood in front of them all.

"The Yule Ball is approaching – a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well-mannered frivolity. Dress robes will be worn, and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight, in the Great Hall.

"As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost... a dance."

Groans emerged from the boys who were listening on. The girls seem a lot more excited. "That's what we needed the dress robes for!" Alicia whispered yelled, shaking Katie's arm.

McGonagall narrowed her eyes at the boys. "Silence. The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

Tori glanced over to see Fred and George whispering to themselves. McGonagall continued to talk. "Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight. Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr.Weasley, will you join me."

McGonagall pulled Ron up out of his chair. The boy must have said something, but his face was filled with regret. "Now, place your right hand on my waist." Tori covered her mouth, trying to contain her laughter.