cliv. the twins' goodbye

"You have your bags? Your boxes? Your—"

"We sure do, Mum." George teased, shoving a few papers into his bag. Tori frowned, fiddling with the necklace Fred had given her.

"I'm going to miss you guys," Tori said sadly. Taking a seat on the empty bed. Lee sighed, taking a seat next to her. "Hogwarts isn't going to be the same without you. I mean, we all came here together. It just stinks we won't all graduate together."

"You'll only be without us for... two months," Fred promised. Lee and Tori exchanged looks. They already knew this would be a rough two months.

✧ ✦ ✧

Tori could barely focus during the next hours of the day. She kept playing with her thumbs during study hall, causing Filch to yell at her to get back to work.

When the bell rang, Tori and Lee were the first to leave. The other students were still packing up, giving them time to get to the twins first.

Tori felt as if she was going to burst out crying, but instead pulled herself together and hugged George tightly. "Geez, Tori." He chuckled before she moved into Fred.

He held her face in his hands before kissing her. "We'll be okay." He said quietly. Tori nodded, forcing a wide smile onto her face.

"I'll miss you both." Lee hugged each of them as well before they could hear the other students coming down the corridor. Lee and Tori quickly went back the way the came, acting as if they had been there the whole time.

"Watch yourselves!" George's voice called down in the crowd as he threw some time of dust down. Students began to cough and some even screamed.

Tori grabbed Lee's arm so she wouldn't lose him. When the fog cleared, a large swamp appeared. The students stared at it, realizing there was no way across to their classes.

Prominent among the onlookers were members of the Inquisitorial Squad, who were all looking exceptionally pleased with themselves, and Peeves, who was bobbing overhead, gazed down at Fred and George, who stood in the middle of the floor with the unmistakable look of two people who had just been cornered.

"So!" said Umbridge triumphantly, who had just came running down the stairs. "So... you think it amusing to turn a school corridor into a swamp, do you?"

"Pretty amusing, yeah," said Fred, looking up at her without the slightest sign of fear.

Filch elbowed his way closer to Umbridge, almost crying with happiness.

"I've got the form, Headmistress," He said hoarsely, waving a piece of parchment. "I've got the form and I've got the whips waiting... Oh, let me do it now..."

Tori felt her heart drop. She could hear several students around questioning if Filch really had just said 'whips.'

"Very good, Argus," Umbridge said. "You two," She went on, gazing down at Fred and George, "Are about to learn what happens to wrongdoers in my school."