xci. journey to the world cup

It had felt that a soon as Tori had fallen asleep, she was waken up by Molly

It had felt that a soon as Tori had fallen asleep, she was waken up by Molly. "Come on girls, you need to get ready."

Hermione woke her about ten minutes later and Tori finally got out of bed. She put on a grey long sleeve shirt that seemed a little baggie. Hermione told her it was a sweatshirt. "But I don't want to sweat in my shirt. And Muggles like... ripped clothes?"

"It's what's in fashion right now," Hermione replied, trying up her hair. Tori did the same, glancing at herself once more. She looked... exactly like an average Muggle.

Molly came into their room, "Quickly girls! You need to leave soon!" The group quietly followed Molly down the stairs, taking a seat at the table for some porridge.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny asked, rubbing her eyes. Tori yawned, looking at Fred with a confused look. He hadn't taken his eyes off of her since she had arrived down the stairs.

"What? Do I look muggle enough?" She asked, glancing down at her 'sweatshirt.' Fred shook himself, "Yeah. You look... average."

"What, are we walking to the World Cup?" Harry was asking. Arthur shook his head, amused. "No, no, that's miles away, we only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle's attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup..."

"George!" Molly yelled sharply, and they all jumped.

"What?" George said in an innocent tone that deceived nobody.

"What is that in your pocket?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't you lie to me!"

Molly pointed her wand at George's pocket and said, "Accio!"

Several small, brightly colored objects zoomed out of George's pocket; he made a grab for them but missed, and they sped right into Molly's outstretched hand. "We told you to destroy them!" She furiously, holding up what were unmistakably more Ton-Tongue Toffees. "We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you! You too, Tori!"

For once, Tori was innocent. But it was still an unpleasant scene; the twins had evidently been trying to smuggle as many toffees out of the house as possible, and it was only by using her Summoning Charm that Molly managed to find them all.

"Accio! Accio! Accio!" She shouted, and toffees zoomed from all sorts of unlikely places, including the lining of George's jacket and the turn-ups of Fred's jeans. "We spent six months developing those!" Fred shouted at his mother as she threw the toffees away. Tori sighed, knowing how long it took to prefect the treat.

"Oh, a fine way to spend six months!" She shrieked. "No wonder you didn't get more O.W.L.S!"

All in all, the atmosphere was not very friendly as they took their departure. Molly was still glowering as she kissed Arthur on the cheek, though not nearly as much as the twins, who had each hoisted their rucksacks onto their backs and walked out without a word to her.