xciv. the dark mark

"Don't tell your mother you've been gambling," Arthur told the twins, who poured their winning money into a brown sack

"Don't tell your mother you've been gambling," Arthur told the twins, who poured their winning money into a brown sack. Tori was still in shock on how they manage to guess the exact outcome that had happened. It wasn't like they took Divination. The group made there was slowly done the purple carpeted stairs.

"Don't worry, Dad," Fred said gleefully. "We've got big plans for this money. We don't want it confiscated."

Arthur looked for a moment that he wanted to ask what they meant, but decided against it. When they entered the tent they all began to recreate the match they had just watched. "Rubbish of Krum!" Ginny was shouting when Harry had re-enacted Lynch's dive. The twins were dancing, making some odd pitch noise to a tune. Tori joined in with their dance, spinning around.

"There's no one like Krum!" Ron shouted, standing above the group of teenagers. Fred and George glanced at each other and simultaneously began circling and waving their around like birds. Tori laughed, leaning against a countertop.

"He's like a bird the way he rides the wind. He's more than an athlete, he's an artist." Ron said, holding an Irish cape towards his chest. Ginny, who was standing next to Tori, giggled. "I think you're in love, Ron."

"Shut up."

Fred took to his knee, singing very off-key. "Viktor, I love you."

George took to the other side, "Viktor I dooooo,"

"When we're apart, my heart speaks only for you!" The rest of the tent joined in on teasing Ron until Arthur sent them to bed. Tori followed Ginny and Hermione into the other tent, wiping her face off with a rag. The girls changed into their pajamas before saying goodnight to each other.

Tori fell asleep, dreaming that she was once again at the top of that box. But something was different. The stadium was on fire, and she could hear screams, but they didn't sound happy. They sounded fearful.

"Girls! Up! Now! This is urgent!"

Tori sat up quickly and the top of her head hit the canvas. "S' matter?" She said groggily.

Dimly, she could tell that something was wrong. The noises in the campsite had changed. The singing had stopped. She could hear screams and the sound of people running. But they weren't in her dream. She slipped down from the bunk and reached for his clothes, but Arthur, who had pulled on his jeans over his own pajamas, said, "No time —just grab a jacket and get outside — quickly!"

Tori did as she was told, making sure Ginny and Hermione did as well. She clutched her wand in her hand, stepping outside the tent to see the horror around them.

By the light of the few fires that were still burning, she could see people running away into the woods, fleeing something that was moving across the field toward them, something that was emitting odd flashes of light and loud noises. Loud jeering, roars of laughter, and drunken yells were drifting toward them; then came a burst of strong green light, which illuminated the scene.