lxxxviii. watching the sunrise

Victoria Silvers was not one many would think could get up early

Victoria Silvers was not one many would think could get up early. In fact, if it wasn't for her friends Angelina Johnson and Alicia Spinnet, she wouldn't be sure she would be up for school at all. She would sleep through the whole day.

So it came very much a surprised to Tori when she was awake before the sun was up in the morning. She yawned, rubbing her eyes and tiptoeing over the creaky floorboard she knew rather well. Tori had spent many summer holidays in the Weasley Burrow, it was almost like she was apart of the family. In a way, she was.

She crept pass the two sleeping bodies of Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley and down the hallway towards the stairwell, not wanting to wake anyone so early in the morning. She slowly walked down the stairs, noticing a light was on in the kitchen.

Tori was now sixteen years old, and started to truly resemble her mother, Eleanor Silvers. She had the same face structure and brown eyes that scanned the world around her as she passed the Weasley clock. Tori would know this. She had to go back to the Silvers's Manor to retrieve her trunk. The conductor swapped Tori's and her younger sister, Dove's, trunk. It was weird showing up there, and even weirder with the Weasley twins with her. Her father didn't even bother coming out of his office, and her brother didn't say hello as he left for his new job at the ministry. Dove rolled her eyes, shutting her door while Tori passed it and giving the twins a look like they had just tracked mud in with them.

Tori had noticed the new painting in the foyer. It didn't have her in it. She swiftly took her trunk and headed balm towards the fireplace when her mother gave her a warning similar to the one in the beginning of Tori's third year. "Victoria, please be careful. Please, stay out of trouble. I.. I don't want a target on your back. Somethings happening, bigger than any of us."

Tori ignored her mother, seeing it only as something she would say to scare her. The teenager pushed the thought out of her head, brushing her fingers through her tangled hair. She came into the kitchen to see her best friend Fred Weasley with a cup of tea, leaning against the window.

He shot her a look of mock surprise. "Is this real? Is Tori up before the sun?" He whispered with a smirk upon his face. She rolled her eyes in reply, resting her head on hands and leaning onto a counter.

"What do I owe this honor of Tori at... five in the morning?" He asked her, setting down his mug and looking over at the Weasley family clock. She shrugged, running her hands through her dark hair. "I'm not tired. Besides, Hermione talks in her sleep." She complained, pulling her sleeping shorts down. Fred chuckled, pushing his hair to the side of his face.

It was as if the boys all secretly agreed to grow their hair out this summer. Fred, George, Ron, Bill, and Charlie all wore their hair rather long. It was almost like a mop on their head. The two froze at the sound of footsteps coming got from upstairs, only to realize it was only Mr. Weasley coming down for work.

"It's a little early for you two to be up, isn't it?" Arthur asked, eyeing them suspiciously. "I just came down here, I was hoping the Daily Prophet would be announcing the final teams for the World Cup." Tori replied, taking a cup of tea from Fred.

Arthur nodded, getting his coat on. "Might not be until later today, hand me a muffin, will you, Fred? Thank you, son. I got to get going, I'll see you all after work. Remember, we're getting Harry later today."

"Bye Dad." Fred whispered. Arthur waved goodbye and headed out the door. Tori took the newspaper off the coffee table, reading over the headline. She took a sip from her own tea, reading over yet another ridiculous article by none other than Rita Skeeter.

Fred perked up about ten minutes later, staring outside at the trees. "Follow me." He told her, opening the back door to the yard. "What? Where are we going?" Tori gave him a confused look while glancing down at herself. She was still in her pajamas.

"Come on, Charlie used to tell me about this thing he used to do to cheer his friend Andromeda up whenever she was feeling down."

"I'm not feeling down."

"Just come on, we're going to miss it!"

"What's 'it'?" Tori asked as she was yanked out of the house. Fred shushed her, grabbing her hand and leading her towards the shed. There was still a morning breeze that made Tori shiver as soon as her skin had touched the air. She couldn't hear the birds chirping just yet, and the hens seemed to be asleep too. The sky began to turn into its light orangish blue as the sun began to rise. Fred grabbed his broom, mounting it. "What are we doing? My brooms all the way in..."

"Get on."

"What?"

"Hurry!"

Confused at ever, Tori did as told, getting on behind Fred as he kicked off. He went up much faster than she had suspected, causing her to scramble around and lodger her hands around his waist.

"You act like you've never flown a broom before." He teased. "I've only ever flown by myself." She snapped, throwing him a dirty look. "Can you tell me what we're doing?" She asked once again as he flew them further up towards the top of the Burrow.

"Just watch..." He pointed to the horizon, where the sun began just to peek out over the trees. The sky was splattered with pink and purple, orange and red. It looked just like a painting. Tori leaned her chin on Fred's shoulder, staring upwards at the sky above.

"Wow." She whispered. Of course, she had seen a sunrise before. But everything felt so different now. It felt, calm. The sun just rises perfectly on the burrow, kissing both Fred and Tori's faces last. The breeze began to get stronger and the roosters began to crow as Fred landed them slowly. "So, how was it?" He grinned.

"Whatever bad feelings I had, they're gone."

ahh, the calm before the storm

trust me. this years going to be chaos

also!

my small brain totally messed up tori's age in year four. she had turned fifteen when she was woken up. not fourteen.

so yes, tori is now sixteen!