cxxviii. answer our questions

Tori passed a fork onto the table, laying on our at each placement

Tori passed a fork onto the table, laying on our at each placement. She hummed to herself a bit, the past summer she had found it a bit soothing.

"Fred— George— NO, JUST CARRY THEM!" Molly shrieked, causing everyone to turn in her direction.

Fred and George had bewitched a large cauldron of stew, an iron flagon of Butterbeer, and a heavy wooden breadboard, complete with knife, to hurtle through the air towards them. The stew skidded the length of the table and came to a halt just before the end, leaving a long black burn on the wooden surface; the flagon of Butterbeer fell with a crash, spilling its contents everywhere; the bread knife slipped off the board and landed, point down and quivering ominously, exactly where Sirius's right hand had been seconds before.

"FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!" screamed Molly. "THERE WAS NO NEED—   I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS —   JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE ALLOWED TO USE MAGIC NOW, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WHIP YOUR WANDS OUT FOR EVERYTHING!"

"We were just trying to save a bit of time!" said Fred, hurrying forward to wrench the bread knife out of the table. "Sorry, Sirius, mate —  didn't mean to — "

Harry and Sirius were both laughing; Mundungus, who had toppled backward off his chair, was swearing as he got to his feet; Crookshanks had given an angry hiss and shot off under the dresser, from where his large yellow eyes glowed in the darkness.

"Boys," Arthur sighed, lifting the stew back into the middle of the table, "Your mother's right, you're supposed to show a sense of responsibility now you've come of age—"

"— None of your brothers caused this sort of trouble!" Mrs. Weasley raged at the twins as she slammed a fresh flagon of Butterbeer onto the table, and spilling almost as much again. "Bill didn't feel the need to Apparate every few feet! Charlie didn't charm everything he met Percy—"

Tori felt a boiling fit of rage in her gut and couldn't help herself from slamming a fork down. "They are not them!" She shouted back. "They are not Bill, or Charlie, or Percy! They are Fred and George! And that should be good enough!"

Molly stopped dead, catching her breath with a frightened look at her husband, whose expression was suddenly wooden. Tori took a deep breath, the normal feeling sinking slowly back in. Her eyes widened realizing she had not only just yelled at Molly, but mentioned Percy.

Tori quickly turned on her heels and left the kitchen for a quick breather. She sat on the grimy stairs, calming herself down slowly as she hid her face in her hands. She couldn't believe she had just done that. There were footsteps coming closer to her.

"We're about to eat." A low voice said. Tori glanced up to see it was Sirius. He slowly took a seat next to her on the stairs, staring down the hallway and at the door.

"I know how what it feels like to lose a friend." He said softly. "It hurts, a lot."

"I'm just angry, all the time," Tori admitted, scratching the back of her head. "No one seems to get it. Everything I do, it reminds me of the fact that he can't do those things anymore..." There was a loud scream from upstairs, no doubt from the painting of Walburg Black. "BLOOD TRAITORS! IN MY HOUSE!" She shrieked.