2

Wednesday came much quicker than Alex would have liked. She'd already caught Fred and George trying to sneak some garlic into the sauce her mum was making, knowing full well Cedric was allergic. She didn't even know how they knew, but they did. She'd caught them attempting to set off stink bombs in her wardrobe and decided Ginny's room would be the safest place for her dress. She'd even caught them trying to block off the fireplace.
"Okay, that is it." She said, dragging them both by the ears. "There are pranks, and then there's being plain mean."

"Why do you care so much? You prank him all the time."

"I prank Cedric, not his parents. So excuse me for trying to make a decent impression on my boyfriend's family. Now, the two of you can go up to your room and do what you want there. And so help me, if either of you put another toe out of line during that dinner, I'll shove your pranking kits in the fireplace and watch them burn. And yes, that includes your brand new Zonko's Pranking Xtreme Bonus box." She threatened, before wincing. "Oh my god, I sound like mum." She walked away.

At five pm, the floo glowed green signalling the arrival of the Diggory family. Alex stood to greet them, standing beside her mother. Cedric stepped through first and Alex moved forward.
"Hi." She gave him a hug, softening as he wrapped his arm around her.

"Hi." He murmured. "Missed you."

"Missed you too." He gently peeled off her before holding his hand out to Molly, his other grasping Alex's.

"Hi, Mrs Weasley. It's nice to see you again."

"Oh, please. Call me Molly, dear." He nodded and smiled before looking back at Alex.

"Hey, I believe congratulations are in order?"

"You already said." She grinned. "In your letter."

"Well, I'm saying it again." She reached up and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you." There was whoosh as his parents stepped through the fireplace. She let them get their bearings before stepping forward with a pleasant smile on her face. "Hi, Mr and Mrs Diggory."

"Ah, you must be Alex."

"Yes, sir. Welcome." Mr Diggory smiled at his son's girlfriend before both he and his wife passed the young couple to greet Molly. "Tell me it's going to be okay." She muttered to her boyfriend, and he laughed letting go of her hand to swing his arm over her shoulder.

"It's going to be okay." He echoed.

"Did I mention the twins are being particularly troublesome today?" Cedric paled.

"Think Percy will hex them into silence for the rest of the day?"

"I think you really don't know Percy. Of age or not, he'd never misuse powers."

"Shame, if only I were a couple months older."

"That's right, you're going to be seventeen this September. You could apparate me places in the summer." She grinned.

"As you wish." He said, a little mockingly.

"Come on, I don't think you've properly met Ron or Ginny." She dragged him out.

Dinner was a strange affair. They had to sit outside since the dining room was too small for eleven people. Alex claimed the seat beside Cedric, but unfortunately couldn't do anything about Fred who jumped into the seat on his other side.
"So, Alex. Cedric tells us you took part in and won the annual international potions competition. That means you can qualify for the wizarding schools potions contest, correct?" His mother asked and Alex nodded.