5

"I'm a man of my word, so if you still feel like Miss Young can't help you, you don't have to go back." Snape told her as they walked out. She rolled her eyes.

"You were very specific with your three-session rule." She said.

"You're not the first stubborn child I've met." He told her.

"I'm not a child."

"As long as there's the word teen in your name, you'll be a child to me."

"But that'll be for the next three years, at least. I'll legally be an adult in sixteen months."

"By both counts, you're still a child."

"I'm going to the quidditch finals with Cedric." She told him and he grimaced.

"Since when do you care for quidditch?"

"That's not the point."

"I hope you enjoy it." He said.

"I will. I'm going with his family. So no horde of siblings or overprotective parents." Snape seemed to be looking more and more uncomfortable. "I think I'll tell him I love him there."

"What part of me says available for relationship advice?" He asked. "Because I'd like to change it."

"You're the epitome of approachable." She said in between snickers.

"Do you need a sleeping potion? You seem to be in a state of deliriousness that I can only attribute to a lack of sleep."

"You're only an approachable person when it comes to your Slytherins." She said. "And me."

"That's a relief. I was afraid I'd be getting personal questions from the Gryffindors." He said, dryly and she smirked.

"There's no danger of that." She assured.

"Good." He said. They walked in silence to the small ice cream parlour Alex was beginning to find her favorite. "You're a rather bad influence on your friends, you know."

"Aren't you supposed to be nice to me? All I'm getting are insults today."

"I'm not your parents. I'm not going to coddle you."

"Good." She said. "Anyways why am I such a horrible friend?"

"Encouraging them to lie for you?" Alex furrowed her brows.

"Ron and Harry are not my friends and you can't trust them if they say I befriended Snuf- Sirius in his animagus form."

"You what?" Snape looked angry.

"Okay not that. If this is about Cedric basically asking your help to plan our first date, I didn't tell him to and technically he didn't lie. You just assumed it was a group effort. Besides you're the potions professor, who else was he going to go to?"

"Not that, Merlin. And he was as unsubtle as Peeves." Alex laughed. "I'd really like to forget that, so let's go back to you befriending a homicidal mutt."

"He was just a dog in the woods and I used to sit with him sometimes." Snape threw her a look. "You already know that! Before I say more things I shouldn't, who have I been encouraging to lie?"

"Granger, Diggory, Shafiq and Lovegood- all covering up your involvement in the founding of the founders' areas."

"I wasn't involved." Alex said innocently.

"Yes I'm sure Granger explored the castle and decided to ask Diggory for help than you."

"She tried to ask me. I was a little busy with Saphira and Kichiro and trying to save Buckbeak." Snape didn't look convinced. "Okay, fine, but you know it's a bad idea if I'm connected to it."