Chapter 18

There is an armed man standing in front of me. I can barely make out two other figures behind him. They were hiding behind some sort of crates and debris.

- It's him.

I feel so relieved. There is no word to express how I feel. I'm finally gonna get out of this hellhole.

- It's his fault Mica is fucking dead!  Because of that fucker we've been spotted. He ruined the entire operation.

My smile disappear. Those people are not my friends. The man who spoke cock his gun. The two others say nothing.

- No, no,no… vai… t.

My jaw feel stiff and my mouth is dry. The words don't come out the way I expected. It has been such a long time since I had the necessity to talk it's almost as if my muscles had forgotten how to. It does not feel natural anymore.

- Maybe he has some valuable information.

That was a female voice. Probably one of the two other person hiding in the shadows.

- Yes… yes…

- C'mon that guy is covered in blood. He's gonna attract all the creatures miles away.

- I v… kn… ow ve nes… t.

- Bullshit. I don't believe any of that.

He's right. I don't know shit. I  can't figure the way out and hell I'll stay as far away as possible from the nest.

- V.. lease. I don… t wanna v… die.

- We can't take the risk.

- He's gonna follow us around.

The shot slips by itself, blowing the guy with the flashlight’s face off.

- Fuck!

There is some yelling. I duck to the side out of the flashlight glow and shoot again. They shoot back at me. I don't recall with a lot of precision the details of what happened next.