Chapter 30

We have rested quite a while now. It's time to get on the move again. I think I might need another shot of antibiotics soon, but I bear with the pain for the moment.

- We're getting down the elevator shaft.

- No.

- And you're going first, he said negligently pointing his gun in my direction.

- I can p…lay th…a…t t…oo, I respond getting as negligently my gun out as he did.

- Don't fucking mess with me!

- Bo…th t… same t…time. End of t… d…eal.

He angrily put down his gun.

- For fuck’s sake. Help me clear a path to it then.

I stupidly stand, a bit surprise by his change of attitude.

- Are you gonna do something, shit head?

The insult doesn't affect me, but it's enough to get me out of my thoughts. I also put down my gun and trade it for my combat knife, using it as some sort of lever to rip out the boards closing up the elevator shaft. Luckily they are not very sturdy. The two of us successfully get rid of a couple of those.

We've cleared a path. It's hell of dark in there. And it stinks.

He shines his flashlight down. There is a door open several floors under us.

And some secretions along the walls.

But what catches my eyes are the things piled at the very bottom of the shaft.

The next day On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara