S03E55: Heart of Darkness

A/N List of episodes that were skipped: The Ties That Bind, Bringing Out the Dead, Dangerous Liaisons, All my Children,  1912, Break on Trough, and The Murder of One.

Roslyn's POV

It's been three weeks since Jeremy and I arrived in Denver. Things have been great. I haven't heard from anyone in Mystic Falls since we left and neither has Jeremy. But it feels great living a normal life. Jeremy and I go to the park every day with Rudy to play with him. School is going well and Jeremy made a new friend called Kol. Who I haven't meet yet. But am meeting today.

Right now Jeremy and I are at the batting cages. He is terrible at baseball. "Should I compel you to make you a better player?" I ask teasingly as he misses another ball.

"My thoughts exactly" Damon says. We turn to see him with Elena.

"Hey Jer, Rosie" Elena says with a smile.

"Elena, Damon hey" I say as we go meet them on the other side of the fence.

"Elena, what's wrong?" Jer asks her.

"Does something have to be wrong for me to visit my little brother and cousin?" she asks him.

"In our world, yes" I tell her. Damon explains what has happened over the past few weeks.

"Katherine sired us, Rose sired Katherine, all we need to do is find out who sired Rose" he sums up. Great, so we might not be able to kill Klaus without dying?

"So, you traveled across the country to get me to talk to a dead vampire?" Jeremy asks them.

"Dead vampire is redundant, but yes" Damon tells him.

"Well, I can't. I could talk to Anna and Vicki because I knew them. I've never even met Rose" Jeremy tells him.

"He has a good point" I tell them.

"What good is you dying and coming back to life if you can't talk to a ghost when I need you to?" Damon asks him.

"Rose spent a long time running from Klaus as well. She and Damon were close, so maybe we can use him as a connection" Elena suggests.

"Fine, fine, but can we do this later? My friend just got here and I wanted to introduce him to Rosie" Jer tells them.

"And yes, Damon. He actually has some friends. I'll call you when we're done" I tell him.

"Hey man" Jer says.

"Damon, it's Kol!" Elena exclaims. Kol hits Damon with a wooden baseball bat. The bat breaks in half and Damon falls to the ground. I grab Jeremy and put him behind me snarling at Kol. Smelling that he's an original.

"What are you doing?!" Jer demands.

"That's an original" I tell him.

"What?" he asks shocked.

"No hard feelings, mate. But we're not buds" Kol tells him. He grabs an aluminum bat from the bat rack. "You know, I'll never get use to aluminum. But hey, at least it won't break" he states. I zoom over and bite him before snapping his neck.

"Lets go, before he gets up" I tell the others as I wipe my mouth.

"Did you kill him?" Jer asks me.

"No, but it'll give us a head start. Okay, come on"Damon tells him. He grabs Elena while I grab Jeremy and we leave the batting cages.

(Motel room)

"Well, this should work, right Jer?" Elena asks him.

"Yeah, doesn't really matter" he tells her.