S03E51

Roslyn's POV

"You're late" I state as I pocket another ball. While Elena and the others were helping set up for the night of illumination. I was suppose to be meeting Damon at the grill. He wanted my help to try get Alaric to like him again.

"I was a little chained up" he tells me. "Have you seen any ghosts recently?" he asks me.

"No, why?" I ask him as I put my que down.

"Sure it's nothing, Bonnie's on it" he tells me. "But I need a drink" he adds. We head to the bar and sit either side of Alaric.

"You know, I've had enough vampires today, thanks" he tells Damon.

"Oh, come on. Have a drink with me. We've got trouble" Damon tells him.

"No, you've got trouble. See, we're not a team. You tried to kill me. All right? We're not friends. I don't like you anymore" Alaric reminds him.

"Ah! But remember back when you liked me and we conspired to kill Uncle werewolf Mason Lockwood?" Damon asks him.

"If I remember correctly, it was you, Bonnie and I. That conspired to torture Mason" I remind him as our drinks arrived.

"And?" Alaric asks Damon.

"I think he's still a little pissed" Damon tells us. Just then Mason Lockwood sits on the other side of Damon.

"Mason" I say surprised.

"God I miss Whisky" he says drinking. He then smashes it on Damon's forehead. Damon then looks at Alaric and I.

"Told ya" he tells us.

"With all due respect, I did not know he was going to kill you" I tell Mason.

"Oh don't worry Roslyn, I'm not made at you" Mason assures me. Damon gets and text. While Mason orders himself a shot.

"I am never going to hear the end of that damn necklace" Damon grumbles. He sends a text back. Mason takes his shot. "Let's get to it. I killed you. You want revenge. Get in line" Damon tells him.

"Actually, I want an apology" Mason tells him. Alaric and I laugh.

"Good luck with that" we tell him.

"Don't you have a family to haunt? You know your nephew has turned into a mindless hybrid Minion" Damon tells him.

"That's why I'm here. To help Tyler" Mason tells us.

"So you know how to break the bond?" I ask him.

"Well, sorry to break it to you, buddy, but Tyler can't be helped. At least not while Klaus is alive. Which is, like, always" Damon states before Mason could answer.

"Not necessarily. Not if you found a weapon that could kill him" Mason tells him.

"There is no weapon that" Damon states.

"What do you know?" I ask Mason.

"I need Damon to apologize" Mason tells me.

"You got to be kidding me" Damon says.

"Are you incapable of remorse? Just apologize" Alaric tells him.

"You're right. I didn't have to kill you. I do a lot of things I don't have to do" Damon tells Mason. Who laughs.

"That's good enough" he tells him. If it was me, I would have Damon begging for my forgiveness. Then again, he's my friend. "Meet me at the old Lockwood cellar. Bring a shovel" he tells Damon. "You can come Rosie, but no one else" he adds before leaving.

"What? Is he gonna bury me alive?" Damon asks us.

"Don't tempt him" I tell him. "Lets go" I add after downing my drink. He downs his and we leave Alaric at the bar. Damon drives us to the Lockwood property. We walk to the cellar with a shovel each. Mason is there waiting for us.

"Surprised you showed" he says to Damon.

"You put a snag in my only other Klaus lead. So I'd say I'm highly motivated" Damon tells him. Mason hands me a lantern.

"Mikael? Yeah. That didn't turn out so great, did it?" Mason asks him.

"How do you know so much?" I ask him curious.

"There's not much to do on the other side but sit around and watch other people screw things up" he explains.

"What are we looking for?" Damon asks him.

"There's an old Lockwood family legend about a weapon that can kill an Original vampire. Like the rest of their secrets, they kept it buried" Mason explains. He tries to break the wall, but fails.

"Oh, come on, give me the thing. Move" Damon says taking the shovel from Mason. He uses his vampire strength and breaks the wall. Soon he's broken a hole in it and we stick our heads and the lantern through to see what's on the other side.

"Go for it" Mason tells us.

"You first" Damon tells him.

"Honestly, grow up you too" I say as I go in first. Mason follows me, then Damon. We start to head down the tunnel.

"I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Your motives are deceptively pure" Damon tells Mason.

"You talk the talk, but I know you'll do anything for your brother. You won't screw me over as long as we have the same agenda" Mason tells him. We reach a fork in the tunnel.

"Which way?" I ask Mason.

"I don't know. Flip a coin" Mason tells me.

"Aren't you supposed to be all-knowing?" Damon asks him.

"I'm a ghost. I'm not God. Go left" Mason tells us. Damon goes right and I roll my eyes. "Or not...You have trust issues. Anyone ever tell you that?" he asks Damon.

"I tell him all the time" I state. Damon walks a little further and suddenly sharp wooden poles move out from the walls and go through his body. There's vervain on them and Mason leaves. "Should of gone left" I tell him.

"Oh shut up, where's Mason?" he asks me.

"No idea, sure he'll be back though" I tell him. "I'm gonna check out the other tunnel" I state. I leave him. I soon reach a part of the tunnel I got get through. There's some sort of invisible barrier. So I go back to Damon to see Mason freeing him from the poles. "Told you, he'd be back" I tell Damon. "Anyway, you guys got to see this" I tell him and lead them to the vampire barrier. I stop in front of it. "Damon and I can't get through, go look" I tell Mason.

"I'll let you know what I find" Mason tells us.

"Yeah, but" Damon tries to say.

"We have to trust him Damon" I tell him.

"Fine" he grumbles and Mason enters the chamber. He look at the wall and seems amazed. "So? What did you find?" Damon asks him.

"It's in..." Mason starts to say and disappears into thing air.

"No, no, no, no. No, where'd you go? Mason, Mason!" Damon yells hitting the barrier.

"I think he's dead again Damon" I tell him.

"I'm gonna go call Alaric" he grumbles. I sigh and sit down leaning against the wall bored. Damon arrives about half an hour later with Alaric. They wake me up from my nap. Alaric goes into the vampire proof chamber. "So was Mason screwing with me, or is there something in there?" Damon asks him.

Alaric shines his flashlight around the chamber. "Ric?" I ask as I stand up stretching.

"I found something" he says sounding amazed.

"What is it?" Damon and I ask him.

"I have no idea" Alaric tells us.