S02E39: Know Thy Enemy

Roslyn's POV

I'm doing the dishes when I hear the door slam shut. I frown and wipe my hands dry as I hear two people running upstairs. Once my hands were dried I rushed upstairs to see mum slam her door shut before Elena can enter the room. "Jenna, you have to talk to me. I...I need to explain what's going on. Jenna, please" Elena pleads.

"What happened? Who was at the door?" I ask Elena.

"Isobel was at the door and she said who we'd meet before. It doesn't help that Alaric told Jenna that Isobel was dead" she explains.

"Great, just great" I grumble. "First John, then Katherine and now Isobel. Who's next?" I ask myself. I go to bed.

(Next day)

I open the door letting Alaric in. "Hey, is she up?" he asks me. As we go into the kitchen, where Elena is preparing breakfast.

"She won't come out of her room" I tell him.

"What'd you and Elena tell her?" he asks.

"Nothing, she won't talk to either of us" Elena answers.

"We're gonna have to fix this" I tell them. Just then mum comes downstairs. "Morning mum" I say smiling.

"Jenna" Alaric says in greeting.

"I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go" mum tells him.

"Okay, listen. I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now" Alaric tells her.

"Rage and betrayal would pretty much cover it" mum tells him. She puts her jacket on and grabs her bag.

"Where are you going?" Elena and I ask her.

"I'm going to stay on campus. I have a thesis to write, and I don't want to be in this house" she states. I hold in my hurt, it feels like she's abandoning me.

"Jenna, please just stop. Let us explain to you exactly what is going on" Alaric pleads.

"Elena, I need you to go to the Lockwood's today and accept the Historical Society's check for your mom's foundation. Roslyn go with her" mum tells us. She then left as John arrived.

"Let her go. It's better that she's not here, what with everything that's going on. But maybe had you been a little more honest with her from the beginning, this..." Alaric cuts him off by punching him hard.

"Sorry Elena, Roslyn" he says and leaves.

"You know this is your fault, right?" I ask him.

"Right" he grumbles. I leave and go to the Lockwoods early. Sheriff Forbes was having a meeting with Carol and invited me. To get me more involved.

"The marshal hasn't been able to figure out what caused the fire at the scene, but he did find blood. No body, just blood" Liz explains.

"You think vampires are involved?" Carol and I ask her.

"I'm starting to assume the answer to that is always a yes" Liz states. Just then Caroline joins us.

"Mrs. Lockwood, uh, have you seen Matt? I thought he was working a catering shift at today's luncheon" Caroline says.

"No, I haven't, honey. Sorry. But if you see him, could you ask if he's heard from Tyler?" Carol asks her. "Roslyn hasn't" she adds.

"Yeah, of course. Um, still no word from him?" Caroline asks.

"No. The note he left said he needed time to figure some things out, but I wish I knew where he was" Carol says.

"Um, excuse me" Caroline says and goes over to Elena & Stefan. As more guests arrive for the luncheon. I stand by Liz as the luncheon starts.