S02E37: Dinner Party

Roslyn's POV

Mum and I are giving Elijah a tour of the old property lines. Right now we're on the old Fell property. "The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence" I tell Elijah.

"Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families" Elijah says.

"Why do you say it like that?" mum and I ask him.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise" he explains.

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" I ask him curious.

"Which means the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually found anything" he tells us.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial" mum states.

"Yes, they are" Elijah agrees as Alaric joins us.

"Elijah, this is my friend and Roslyn's teacher, Alaric Saltzman" mum says introducing them.

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?" Alaric asks us.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history" Elijah announces.

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give us a sec" mum says and we go back to her car. Suddenly I get a text from the sheriff. "Who is it?" she asks me.

"The sheriff, I've kind of been slacking off a little on my work experience. I better go see what she wants" I tell her. "Will you be ok with Alaric and Elijah?" I ask her.

"Yes, now go see Liz" she tells me. I nod my head and leave. I go to the Sheriff's office.

"Sorry I'm late sheriff, I was in the woods with mum. Showing Mr Smith the old property lines" I tell her.

"That's fine, have you heard from Tyler Lockwood?" she asks me.

"Not since last night, he was acting weird" I tell her.

"Weird how?" she asks me.

"Like he was leaving, but he wouldn't leave without his mum" I tell her.

"He ran away last night from home" she tells me.

"I'll call him" I tell her and dial his number. But it goes straight to his answering machine. "He's not answering" I tell her sadly.

"Do you have any idea where he'd go?" she asks me.

"I don't know, but before he left he was spending a lot of time with that girl Jules" I tell her.

"Mason Lockwood's friend?" she asks and I nod my head. "I'll put an alert out on her too, if we find her we'll most likely find Tyler" she states. "How's your training with Damon going?" she asks me.

"He thinks I'll be a vampire hunter in no time" I tell her smiling. "Though he hasn't let me kill one yet" I add.

"I'm glad it's going well" she says smiling. "We need all the help we can get" she states. "Remember if you find a vampire, don't take it on alone" she tells me.

"I won't" I assure her. Just then I get a message from mum about a dinner party at the Salvatore boarding house. "Do you need me for anything else?" I ask her.

"No, but how would you like to take on more duties in future?" she asks me.

"I'd be honoured" I tell her smiling.