SO1EO4: Family Ties

Roslyn's POV

"To repeat, the animal terrorizing Mystic Falls has been caught" the news man says while mum and I watch the TV.

"Scum ball. Scum bucket" I hear mum mumble.

"Who you talking to mum?" I ask her confused as I stroke Allie.

"Him" she says pointing to the TV.

"The news guy?" I ask her confused.

"Also known as Logan 'Scum' Fell. Did I ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?" she asks and I shake my head.

"Oh, no way. You and him?" I ask and she nods her head. "He's no my father is he?" I ask her.

"Thank god no" she says and I giggle. Just then Elena enters the room holding a box of her ancestors things. "What are you doing with that?" mum asks her.

"I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display" Elena explains.

"Is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?" mum asks her.

"Originally it was great-great-grandma Mary's wedding ring" I tell her as Jeremy enters the room.

"How much do you think this stuff is worth? You know, like on eBay?" he asks aloud.

"You're not gonna find out" Elena and I tell him.

"That stuff is mom and dad's. You can't just give it away" Jeremy tells Elena.

"I'm not giving it away. It's called a loan, Jeremy" Elena tells him. My phone rings and I see it's a private number. Frowning I leave the room and answer it.

"Roslyn speaking" I say.

"Good morning Roslyn, I need to talk to you now" Damon says on the other end. "Come to the boarding house alone" he tells me before hanging. I sigh saving his number to my phone before saying goodbye to the others. I grab my bike and ride it to the Salvatore Boarding House.

When I got there Damon was coming out of the house and he smirks seeing me. He signaled me to follow him and I do so. I put my bike into the garage before getting into his car. "So what do you need me for this time?" I ask him.

"I need you to go to the Founder's party with Caroline and I" he states.

"I'm to young to go Damon" I tell him.

"Oh you won't be drinking and I'm sure you can get in" he says smirking.

"Why do I have to go?" I ask him.

"I need you and Caroline to do something for me. Now you'll go with Elena and Stefan" he states. "Dress nicely" he tells me pulling back in front of his house.

"Fine, but only because I like the history behind the founders" I grumble. I get out of the car and grab my bike before riding back home. Once there I go to my room and try to find the perfect dress.

"What are you doing?" Elena asks.

"Looking for a dress for the party" I tell her.

"You're to young to go Rose" she tells me.

"I know, but it's a great chance to find out more about the founding families. And you know I love history" I tell her.

"Ok you can go for a couple of hours, if your mum says yes. You'll go with Stefan and I" she tells me. "Oh and wear the red dress Bonnie got you" she adds before leaving the room. Mum said I could go to the party and I got ready with Elena. Wearing the red dress Bonnie had gotten me.

The doorbell rings downstairs as we put our shoes on. "That'd be Stefan, let's go" she says smiling. We link arms and go downstairs.

"Remember Roslyn no drinking and stay with Elena or Caroline at all times" mum tells me.

"Yes mum" I say smiling and Elena answers the door.

"Hey Stefan, Roslyn is coming with us. You don't mind right?" she asks.

"Of course not, let's go" he says smiling. We reach the Lockwood mansion a few minutes later. We're meet by Mayor Lockwood.

"Let me guess, history?" he asks smiling.

"Yes, I promise only a few hours" I tell him giving him puppy dog eyes.

"Ok, but no underage drinking" he tells me. "Come on in guys" he tells us.

"Thank you" Stefan says as we enter the mansion. We go over to the display area and see Elena's parents wedding rings. "Your parents?" he asks.

"There's a lot of history here" Elena tells him.

"Look the registry of the guests form the first founders party" I say smiling.

"Look at all these familiar names—Sheriff William Forbes, Mayor Benjamin Lockwood. Is that Damon Salvatore? And, Stefan Salvatore?" she asks.

"The original Salvatore brothers" Damon states as he appears with Caroline. "Our ancestors. Tragic story, actually" he explains. Caroline drags Stefan to the dance floor as Damon apologized to Elena for trying to kiss her. "You know, the Salvatore name was practically royalty in this town. Until the war. There was a battle here" he states.

"The battle of Willow Creek?" Elena asks.

"Right" he says.

"We talked about it in class. Confederate soldiers fired on a church with civilians inside" I explain.

"What the history books left out was the people that were killed. They weren't there by accident. They were believed to be union sympathizers. So some of the founders on the confederacy side back then wanted them rounded up and burned alive. Stefan and Damon had someone they loved very much in that church. And when they went to rescue them, they were shot. Murdered in cold blood" Damon tells us.

"Who was in the church that they wanted to save?" I ask him curious.

"A woman, I suspect" he says shrugging. "Doesn't it always come down to the love of a woman?" he asks us.

"Look, I'm sorry that you and Stefan have this thing between you, but I can't get in the middle of it, Damon. I just...I hope you two can work it out" Elena tells him.

"I hope so to" Damon says and she leaves. "Come lets collect Caroline" he tells me . Sighing I nod my head and we find her. Before all three of us go upstairs. He stations Caroline and I by the door while he looked through the collection.

"Um, you're not supposed to touch. What is that?" Caroline asks when she sees the crystal necklace in Damon's hand.

"A very important crystal" he tells her.

"How did you know that it was there?" I ask her.

"Because I put it there" he states.

"When?" Caroline asks him.

"A long time ago. Tonight, I'm taking it back, thanks to you both" he says smirking. We then leave the room and go back downstairs. Caroline goes to the bathroom while I ask Damon to dance. We were dancing when Caroline appeared looking upset. Damon told me to go home and took Caroline outside. I did as I was told saying goodbye to a few people before leaving.

A/N

Picture above of Damon and Caroline at the Founder's party. Picture on the external link of Roslyn in her party dress.