S02E42: the Last Day

Roslyn's POV

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse" Elijah tells us as we stand in the parlor.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake?" Stefan asks.

"That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus" I add.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid" Elijah explains. Damon decides to join us.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie" Damon tells us.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying" I remind him.

"I'll write her a great eulogy" Damon tells us.

"It's not an option Damon" Elena tells him.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asks Elijah.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know" Elijah tells us.

"The moonstone" I say.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each" Elijah explains.

"Where do I fit into it?" Elena asks him.

"The final part of the ritual" Elijah states as he takes a wooden box off of a shelf. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death" he explains. He opens the box and takes a jar from it.

"And that's where you come in" I say.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation" Elijah tells us.

"So I'll be dead?" Elena says.

"And then you won't" he tells her.

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon asks unconvinced. "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?" he asks.

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work" Elijah answers.

"I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?" Damon asks her.

"Then I guess I'll just be dead" she says shrugging.

"It will work Elena, I'm not losing my cousin" I tell her. Damon leaves in a huff. "Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?" I ask Elijah.

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will" he states.

"Get out!" I hear my mum shout and run to her. To see her pointing a crossbow at Alaric. I snarl standing beside her.

"Roslyn, Jenna!" he shouts.

"Get out" I tell him as I flash my eyes.

"Jenna, put the crossbow down, okay? It's me" he says as he looks at us.

"Stay away from me" mum tells him as the others join us.

"What's going on?" Elena demands.

"It's me, Elena, I swear, okay? He let me go. Klaus let me go" he states.

"Prove it" Damon and I tell him.

"Okay, uh, first night you and I spent together, Jeremy walked in right when I was about to..." Alaric starts to explain.