S5|E5: Something Missing (Kim Bona)

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

It's all about a balancing act between time, temperature, and ingredients: that's the art of baking. That was what my father told me when I first started baking and cake decorating.

My family owns a famous baking shop in the country, people come here not only for our delicious pastries but also for our custom cakes. Our customers say we make the most phenomenal cakes besides Carlos Bakery.

All of the techniques, recipes, and everything that I know of baking and decorating come from my Appa and Eomma and now they passed on the ownership of the shop to me.

However, there was one special cake recipe that I'm working on, one that stands out from all the cakes in the world.

"I've got an order for Songpyeon!"

"Need a tray of Bukkumi!"

"Need a box of Dasik!"

Today, was busy like any other day, orders were coming in a landslide the front was busy serving customers as the store was full of customers and the line extended down the block.

In the back of the kitchen, we were all busy baking cakes and pastries needed for the front and working on decorating wedding cakes.

"Y/N! I have a customer who has an appointment!" I heard the intercom announce.

Heading into the consultation room where the customer awaits me, most likely to put an order for a custom cake or a wedding cake.

Entering the consultation room, I greet the customer who appears to be a lady wearing casual attire.

"How can I help you?" I kindly asked.

"I'm looking to put an order for one of your custom cakes for WJSN's anniversary, perhaps you're a fan?" She replied and I nodded.

"As a matter of fact, I am, a big fan of their music, so what do you get?" I asked.

"I was thinking of a cake theme based on their debut song 'Mo Mo Mo' or 'Catch Me', it would be great to consist of all thirteen members in their outfits," She explained and I nodded as I wrote this on a notepad.

"That sounds amazing, is there anything else?" I asked.

"Well, as part of their anniversary, Bona, wants to make a blog of working in your shop along with you, IF that's okay with you that is," She answered and my eyes widened.

"A-Are you serious?" I nervously asked.

"Yes, I am, and she's quite eager to be a baker for the day," She answered with a smile and I sighed.

"I mean, how can I refuse a request of the Kim Bona herself?" I jokingly asked and she laughed.

"That's a good point, Y/N, I'll let Bona know and thank you for taking your time to have this consultation," She thanked me.