Chapter 36 - Another Girl

Zahra POV

It's been a week since the gunshot happened and I'm still in shocked because of it. My thoughts was filled with the incident all the time.

Were they wanted to kill me?

But, why they wanted to shoot me?

Why they aim at me among all of the people?

Why?

When I asked Damien million times why they doing that, he only said the same thing over and over again but something that making me more suspicious.

"Damien what's actually happen during that day?"I asked while looking at him as he wore his white button up shirt.

But, he only glanced at me before picking up his bag. It seems he tried to avoid me. But why?

He always said 'I'm sorry' and 'I'm sorry' for a million times with me. What was he did wrong?

"Damien.."I called after him before he opened the door making him stopped in his tracks.

I heard him sighed and looked at me over his shoulder. I blinked my eyes and stood up when he walked towards me then stopped in front of me.

He put his bag on the bed before cupped my cheek,"I'm sorry,baby doll."he whispered making me frowned.

Again.

The same words again.

I put my hand over his on my cheek,"Why are you always keep saying I'm sorry? You don't do anything wrong to me?"I said as my eyes searching his eyes that always tried to avoid me for these few days.

He didn't answered my question instead he was deep in thoughts as if something was bothering his mind.

"Damien? Why did that person trying to kill me?"I shook his hand making him snapped his head towards me.

He gave me a smiled that didn't reached his ears as he caressed my cheek. My eyes saw his beautiful blue orbs staring at me but it didn't sparkle as always when it's looking at me.

And it looked like he was in pain.

"Baby doll.."he whispered,"Nothing happen baby it's just my enemy from my business life. And they wants to take revenge on me. But instead of me they want to kill what's mine and that mean it's You."he said as his jaw was clenched and unclench.

Enemy.

Revenge.

What his?

Me.

But I didn't thought that business will be liked this. Killing people. Not just that, the one who tried to kill me isn't just an average person.

I think that he was a professional killer because he will not killing people in the crowd without any bravery. It will more easier if they wanted to kill someone without getting caught.

"But, why? Damien I don't think that just a simple problem."I said as my hand squeezed his. My mind started to wonder about something else.

"Are you a part of gang or what?"I asked without any thoughts.

He looked at me with wide eyes and somehow his face changed with a shocked expression when the words came out from my mouth but then he covered it with an awkward chuckled.