Chapter 50 - Days With You

DAMIEN'S POV

I heard the door closed after Zahra walked away. "I'm glad you had her, Damien."  I heard her talking but my eyes still glued onto the ground.

I don't have any dare to look into her eyes.

"My baby.. come here."

I looked up and stared at the woman that gave birth to me. I can saw the similarity in our eyes when I was looking at it. That's why I had beautiful blue eyes. I got it from her.

Her face was pale yet still looked young and beautiful. This woman was my is my real mother. She's one of my reasons why I still alive.

Even though she was not by my side but deep down in my heart I cant hate her for leaving me alone.

I moved closer to her with trembled hands, shaking nervously. I don't know why my heart felt so sad when I saw her laying in this hospital bed with all the wires on her body that connect to the machine.

She smiling, looking at me when I was already beside her. With a shaky hands she tried to hold mine. Once again my heart ache when I saw she tried to and I cant help myself to hold her hand.

The coldness of her small hand can be felt by mine. "Damien..", she called my name and I looked at her. I tried not to cry in front of her. I tried not to show any emotions in front of her.

But when she called my name all of those were gone. It's been forever since I heard her called my name.

"You've become a handsome young man already." she told me with a sweetest smile ever I had seen.

"I never expected you've grown up so much. It feels like yesterday when I was holding this cute little pumpkin in my arms."

Her hand tightened around mine as if she did not wanted to let go. She taking a deep breath, I tried to avoid her from take off of her mask but she resist.

"You know...I didn't asked for forgiveness but I'm sorry for leaving you. I'm sorry for not be there by your side, when you had your first word, your first step, when you go to school and Im not brave enough to meet you."

Her tears fell when she said that. I cant bear myself seeing her cry and without realizing it my hand wiped her tears away.

"Please don't say that..", I shook my head slightly because I know she had her own reasons why she left me.

"Damien...You're the best gift that god gave me the moment I know that I was pregnant."

When she said those words, I cried. I cried like a child in front of her. I never expected she told me that. For all this time I thought that I was a burden for her.

I didn't felt ashamed crying in front of her instead I let out all my cries of agony. I felt so weak in front of her, my own mother.

I looked up when a cold hand touched my cheek. I saw through my blurry eyes she was smiling, caressing my cheek.

"Don't cry..."

I shook my head, held her hand that was on my cheek and kissing it softly. I looked into her eyes, "I apologize Im not a good son. I'm not brave enough to see you when you need me."

She shook her head lightly, "No.. I'm the one who should said that. You don't have to apologize."

I cried more, my body bend down without I realized and hugged her frail body into my arms. My tears wet her hospital gown, her soft hand rubbed my back in soothe manner, cooing me in her embraced.

I heard her chuckled, probably because of my unexpected behavior.

"Damien.. I've always dreams that you will hug me and now that dreams come true."