Chapter 47 - His Family

There was always a moment when you felt dumbfounded and shocked when something unexpected happened in front of you and now I was facing that moment.

“What are you doing here Father?”

I looked up and shocked to see that the real Damien was already in front of me and he was the one who pulled me.

And the man in front of me that was replaced by Damien just now was their FATHER!

Can I just disappear from here?

“Long time no see, Son.”

I can heard that husky old man voice but I cannot see him because Damien was in front of me.

My eyes darted towards Katherine and I can felt her vibe was different.

My hand unconsciously grabbed Damien shirt as I lean into his body when I felt the tense in the room.

Okay.

This is awkward.

Should I run now or stay?

I can sense that the relationship between him and his father was something wrong.

“Katherine!"

Suddenly, I heard a soft voice called out Katherine’s name. Out of curiosity, I peeked from Damien shoulder but regretted it when my eyes met with a pair of intense stare from Damien’s Father.

I looked away from him and hide onto Damien’s broad back. When he felt me lean onto him, he put his hand on my back.

I saw Katherine hugged an elegant woman, “Mom.” Katherine hugged the woman back.

Mom?

Oh my god.

His whole family was here. And I didn’t prepared for this.

I didn’t realized that the box of ice cream in hand has dropped onto the ground.

Oh no! My sweet ice cream!

I screamed inside my head as my eyes stare on the box with blurry eyes. My eyebrows scrunched with pity at the ice cream and i turned my head towards Damien and pouted at him.

"My ice cream." I muttered and pointed the ice cream to Damien.

He stared at me and the ice cream with holding a smile on his lips.

When I realized many pairs of eyes watching me, I face palm to myself before looking up to all of them with an awkward smile.

"H-Hello, my name is Zahra. It's a pleasure to meet you."

“Mom, this is Zahra. Damien’s wife.”

Katherine broke the silence after me introducing myself making me sighed in relieved. I looked at her and mouthed thank you and she winked at me.

Suddenly I was pulled into someone’s embraced, “Finally I’ve met you.” She patted my back before pulled away.

My eyes blinked a few times when she said those words but I gave a sincere smile.

A small gasped escaped my lips when Damien wrapped his arms around me.

I looked up to him and saw that he still giving a hard looked towards his father.

“Alright it’s already late I think mom and dad must be tired.”

And once again Katherine broke the awkward silence between us. After Katherine said those words Damien turned us around making me frowned.

“Damien I haven’t introduce myself to your father.” I said as I tried to stop from walking further.

“There’s no need to do that.” He said with a cold voice making me curious.