Chapter 43 - Forgiveness

Zahra's POV

"How is he?"

A soft voice snapped me out from my thoughts with my finger wiped the dried tears on Damien's cheek.

A sighed escaped my lips,"He's fine now but I know there's something else he hide from me."I replied to Katherine as my hand fixed the quilt that covered him.

I cleaned all the messed on the night stand before got up from the bed slowly. I didn't wanted him to wake up again. And seeing that I wasn't there on his sight.

My hand washed all the dishes before arranged it nicely."Katherine?"I asked, wiped my wet hand on a small towel.

"Hmm.."she hummed, picking up an orange juice in the fridge.

"Did you know who was the one he doesn't wanted to leave? He keep mumbling that while he was sleeping."I asked, wanted an answer why was he behaving like that.

She frowned,"I'm not sure but I think that was for his mother."

"His mother?"I asked again and she nodded her head. Was that the woman on the picture that he kept in his wallet?

"Zahra.."she called my name when I was daydreaming.

"Did you already told him about your pregnancy?"Katherine asked me but the question making me sighed.

My hand unconsciously touched my stomach that was already showing a small bump."No. I don't know how to tell him."I sighed again as my eyes became blurry.

"Everytime I wanted to tell him, my voice stuck as if something blocking me."I said honestly because when I wanted to tell him before I can't expressed it.

She rubbed my back when a tear dropped from my eyes."Arghhh...why am I crying."I laughed and smiled awkwardly at Katherine.

"It's okay."she embraced me,"You can tell him later."I hugged her back tightly.

"Thank you for understanding me. It's just I'm not ready yet."I said honestly to her because that was exactly how I felt.

She nodded before hesitated,"Zahra--"she asked me and I looked at her questionly.

"I want to ask you something--"she bit her lips while I just waiting at her question.

"Did you love my brother?"she asked after a few seconds of silence.

A smiled formed on my lips when I heard her question."Well--" I trailed off, thinking about her question again.

I love him or not?

I breath in,"At first I'm not--"all the memories since the first time I met him were playing in the back of my mind.

I continued,"But then sometimes when I near him my stomach errupted with butterflies, when he touch my skin it was tingling, when I saw his smile my world dissappear."I didn't realised when I was talking I was smiling happily.

"Is that love?"I asked Katherine back, maybe she can answered why I felt liked that.

Katherine smiled, patted my hand,"I felt like that too when I was fall in love with someone but ask your heart if you're trully love him."

I smiled at her words, if I really love him then it's good because I have reason to stay on his side forever.

My hand mixing the soup in the pot and tasted it to make sure it doesn't too salty."Maya where is the chicken I think it's time to cook it."

"Here you are."she stood beside me and handed the chicken.

I put all the chicken into the soup carefully and mixing it again."Oh I forgot something!"Maya said,"I go get it first okay."she told me and I nodded.