Chapter 39 - Why?

"N-No no it can't be." I shook my head.

"Guys tell me this is just a lie..."I whispered shakily.

Silence

That broke my heart even more.

"Guys! Carol! Emily! Kath! Answer me!" I shouted at them when they just kept silent.

"Z-Zahra we're trying to tell you but--"

"You knew, and yet you didn't even try?! You guys smiled in my face when you knew about all of this for all this time!" I cut off Emily's words, can't believed that they kept all this secret from me.

Not just a small secret but a big secret that will made my life turned upside down.

Oh my Allah.

What have I done? I'm already married to this man.

I shook my head, fisted my hands that were already shaking before got up from my seat.

"Zahra we tried to tell you but he will--"

"This is all about him only?" I hissed angrily, "Then what about me? What will happen to me? How about my life right now?!" I added, shutting my eyes tightly as I tried not to cry.

"Yes we know Zahra. But--"

"Shut up. Just shut up." I whispered, doesn't wanted to yell at them. I know that wasn't their fault. It was his fault.

So I turned my body around before ran to the outside ignoring their calls as I picked up the bicycle before cycling it as fast as I could.

"Zahra!"

I cycled very fast, leaving them behind as my mind still can't believed that words.

"He is the Mafia King."

No he can't be!

I stopped cycling when his house was already in front of me. I didn't wanted to meet him now. I wanted my space right now. I wanted to clear my mind from all of this.

I turned the bicycle before cycling to a place that I wanted to since there's no other place that I familiar with in here. My mind still can't believed all of this.

No.

He wasn't a Mafia, right?

No.

I stopped cycling when I arrived a place that I familiar with. I parked the bicycle at the side of the horse stable.

My heavy stepped echoed the stable, as I made my away towards my favourite horse, Kai. The corner of my lips twitched slightly when Kai snorted as I stopped in front of it.

I patted his head with my hand still shaking until a voice interrupted me.

"Queen?"

My hand wiped quickly a tear that escaped from the corner of my eyes that I didn't even realised it before turned around. My eyes met Max, the horse guard looked at me with a confused looked.

"Ummm where is King?" He asked but that name making me clenched my jaw. I didn't wanted to hear that name.

"He's not here. I came here by myself." I replied turned my body again towards Kai.

"O-Okay." He said, not sure what to talk to me anymore,"Alright if you want something just call me."

I just nodded my head as he turned his body but I called him when I remembered something.

"If anyone ask where am I, don't tell them I'm here."I told him before turned my attention back to Kai.

I heard him said 'okay' before he walked away. I patted Kai's cheek softly, doesn't wanted to think about anything. I just wanted to clear my mind.