Chapter 41 - Him

I closed my eyes when the air brushed softly against me. A smile tugged at the corner my lips as I remembered all the good memories since I was a child.

I wished I can turned back time and live my life happily if my future will be became like this. The smile on my face disappeared with the hand on my sides fisted as I thought about him.

"Please baby let me explain. But I can't tell you everything. Just not now. Not for this time. Not until the right time comes."

Why?

Why can't he told me?

I'm his wife.

I deserved to know the truth to understand his life. If he can't told me then I will kept misunderstood about him. A sighed escaped my lips when I didn't know what to do about it anymore.

I didn't know what was he thinking. I didn't know why he wanted to keep it as a secret even I already knew some of them.

I'm his lawfully wife. Then why he doesn't wanted to tell me. It's been three days he ignored me, avoiding me like I was a poison.

Yes maybe I am a poison to him.

The more I thought about it, the more crazy, mad and disappointed I am.

I shook my head, feeling dejected at his behaviour. I stood up from the bench before walked inside our house-no his house.

"Zahra? Do you want to eat something? You know you should take care of yourself and the baby."

I stopped on my tracks when someone called me. But then I realised something, I forgot that I am actually pregnant.

My hand unconsciously touched my flat stomach when I remembered about the baby. I can't believed all of this. Yesterday, I tried the pregnancy test to make sure that I was right after Katherine told me that I was really pregnant.

Both of us were a doctor so we knew all of that but it seems I can't believed it. And the test showed that I am pregnant.

Why must this time I'm pregnant?

Why must right now?

"Zahra?"

I snapped from my thoughts when Maya touched my shoulder softly. I wiped quickly the tears that I didn't even realised dropped at the corner of my eyes before before she can saw it.

I smiled at her,"Come on let's eat. I'm hungry." I tried to talk cheerfully but then Maya just looking at me before I heard her sighing.

She held my hand, squeezing it as if she wanted to give me her strength to face all of this. I smiled at her, feeling my tears almost dropped again but I shook my head before pulled her hand towards the kitchen.

I pulled the chair before sitting on it. Maya put a plate of delicious food in front of me making my stomach grumbled. My hand unconsciously patted my stomach, rubbing it softly.

My baby is hungry.

A smiled tugged on my lips when I remembered that this scene was happened once ago. The day that Maya and Emily thought that I was actually pregnant with his child and now their words became true.

We didn't know how future works. So you just have to face everything. It's your choice, decisions on how to make your life more happy.

I ate a scoop of the food as a satisfied moaned escaped my lips."This is so delicious Maya!" I told her making her smiled.

"Thank you, Zahra."she replied, sounded happy when she saw me smiling ear to ear.

Well who can resist Maya's food?