Chapter 51 - Letter For You

Writer's POV

When someone was already gone, that's when everybody will cherished them. But when he or she was in front of them, they didnt appreciated that person.

This was the first time, Damien saw her mother's friends gathered around at her funeral day. But he didn't care. He was staring at the coffin of her mother that will be buried.

He was standing there, alone with emotionless. He still can't accept the fact his mother was passed away when they were just met each other.

He regretted the fact he was a coward, he was afraid that her mother will turned him down if he visited her.

Slowly, after her mother already buried, people walked away. They wanted to talk to Damien, he didn't heard them. He remained on his position until everyone had left.

Zahra watched him from behind, as she smile slightly and thanked to people who talked to Zahra instead of Damien.

Zahra can saw how his husband, Damien loved his mother so much. He doesn't even care people around him but he was only standing there, watched his mother tomb stone.

All the people finally left and it's been an hour he didn't moved, but she waited patiently. Katherine and her mother, Elizabeth waited for him also.

"It's been an hour, you guys can go home. We will catch up later." Zahra told them when she saw they were also waited for him.

It's been an hour they waited, it must be tiring not sitting down for an hour without rest. She thought they should take a rest at home. Katherine and her mother agreeing her words.

Their father, Mr Luciano was nowhere to be seen, he did not came to this funeral.

"Bring him home." Elizabeth told Zahra, hugging each other before they left.

Zahra waited him for another half an hour, she can felt her legs was cramping and since she was pregnant her legs hurts so much. But she still patiently waited him.

She realized that the cloud was turning into cloudy, it seems rain will come soon so Zahra walked to him, intertwined their hands together as Damien finally looked away from the grave to Zahra.

She saw unshed tears glimmering around his eyes as she wiped it away. She gave him an assured smiled, tugged his hand.

"Let's go home." she told him but he was only stared at her. Since he won't moved she said to him, "We can visit later." as her hand squeezed his hand lightly, persuaded him to go home.

Damien sighed, running his hand through his hair making it messy. Slowly, he went close to the coffin and dropped his mother favorite flower, tulip on it as he prayed for his mother peace.

He stared at the grave for one last time before he turned around. "Let's go." He didn't turned around, he didn't wanted to do so. His mother was gone and he should keep living and moving on.

He walked forward with Zahra side by side. He looked at Zahra as she gave him a small smiled, squeezed his hand.

Damien stared at the woman beside her, wrapping his arms around her, "Don't leave me." ,he whispered to her.

Zahra smiled and without any doubt she answered him, "Never."

🔥🔥🔥

Later that night, after they ate dinner they can felt the tension in the air. All of them gathered in the living room of the house.

Zahra saw his husband, Damien sitting on the couch with emotionless expression. He was staring into space.

Elizabeth, Katherine and others around the room were worried about him. Zahra was also worried about him. He didn't said any words since after the funeral. He was quite for all the time.