Chapter 3: supermarket ham

CHAPTER 3: super market ham

It had been a whole morning since the mysterious man had left and kate has not stopped questioning me about him.
"For gods sake kate, he only came in to collect his brother that you were fucking" i exclaim whilst grabbing my coat from the stand and draping my arms through the sleeves.
"Fine, fine, i believe you" she holds both hands up in surrender, turning slightly to face me from her position on the couch; Legs crossed with cereal bowl planted in the middle.
"Thank you" i exhale, slipping on my tired trainers that i am certain will fall apart any second.
"He was hot though" she wiggles her eyebrows at me before spilling milk over her white top, "ahh shit".

Clicking the lock button on my keys, i head towards the supermarket in front of me, eyeing up the trolley racks as i approach the store. Gripping onto the plastic handle, i feel someone else's hands also latch onto the same cart as me, quickly moving them away with a small "sorry", i look up into the strangers familiar chocolate eyes.

"Hello again" he smirks looking into my eyes for a moment too long.

"Uhhh, hi" i squirm under his stern eye contact, unsure on the feeling brewing inside me.

"Oh here" he pulls the trolley out of its stand and glides it in front of me with a small smile.

Catching the handle as it gently collides with my abdomen, i pause examining his face. His bold brown eyes heavily follow my movements, with a small smile he clears his throat.

"Oh, err, thanks, i will see you around, maybe" i snap out of my trance and rush into the shop, hearing a faint, "sounds good" from his deep voice as i swing my self down the first isle and away from him.

Hiding- uh not hiding I meant looking- looking at the vegetable section I catch my breath. Why am I so flustered?

Clearing my throat I pull a heavy hand through my brown hair attempting to act unaffected by the few people placing there confused eyes on me.

Unfolding the crumpled list I had written this morning, I push the trolly onwards grabbing things from the shelves as I pass.

Thinking back to moments ago when my hands had touched his, how my skin seamed to ignite with life at his feeling. His fingers had briefly seized control of my-

Crash!

"Fuck, I'm so sorry" I snap from my thoughts and pull my trolly backwards slightly away from the person I had smacked into.

"We should really stop bumping into each other like this" he smirked at my wife eyes, "clumsy" he teases.

"You got in the way" I retort, suddenly feeling 5 again as I stick my tongue out and glide past him.

Pressing his body up using the handle so that his feet lifted off the floor, he slid past me chuckling with the worlds most childish grin.

Catching my breath from laughing, a women's quiet voice interrupts our moment.
"Can I offer Mr or Mrs a taster?" She questioned  holding out a small chunk of something in her hand.

Glancing from the women in a green apron to my mystery man, then back to her, I stumble on my words. "Oh-uh no, we um we're-"

"Thank you" he steps forward taking the small portion of food from her hand and chucking it into his mouth. His fingers wrapping themselves around my own as he grins at me.

"No, I'm fine thanks" I smile at the women.

"You should try it, what it is?" He pauses trying to find a sign or package to find what he has just eaten.

"It's fresh pork drowned in rich honey, glazed in sugar and roasted-"

"Ham. You've made ham" he interrupts her, dropping the cocktail stick onto her table, "well done" he nods before grabbing his cart and pulling me along with him.

———————————
AUTHOR NOTE
Ello readers, so I'm very sorry for the slow uploading at the moment I'm currently dealing with the ever approaching GCSEs that are now only a month away so any publishing and writing will take longer than before.

Don't worry I'm still writing but I obviously will prioritise revision over it.

Check out my almost finished novel "lost memories" which I'm very proud off.

Don't forget to comment, ask questions I will try to answer them as soon as possible

Love
Amber
xx