Chapter 43: Dresses

Chapter 43: Dresses

"Me? You want me!" Kate screams echo in Christians large house, "why of course i will be your made of honour!" she continues to jump around. I giggle at the thought of my reaction to my place at Kates wedding, it would probably be the same. Her tall heels bash into the tile flooring as she continues to speed around the kitchen that we are in. The sun is spewing in from the back garden and the lines from the pool are tracing across the ceiling, like a disco ball or party streamers. Mia chuckles at Kate as she sits at the breakfast counter. My two beautiful, blonde, bridesmaids gossip about the dresses that they will be wearing, guessing the colour and style and i'm happy to see that they are so far off from what i have picked them.

This rushed wedding planning has been quite fun actually, expensive, but fun. Christians father has insisted in paying for absolutely everything and when I tried to oppose his wishes Christian gave me a terrifyingly scary facial expression which i took as a hint not to do so. We already have the venue booked, a light an airy stately home, my dress and Christians suit has been bought and adjusted, and now our bridesmaids and groomsmen have been chosen.

"Soooo, how do we have the best bachelorette party when you're pregnant?" Mia asks turning her attention to me. This has crossed my mind the day Christian told my mother we were to wed soon but i came to no conclusion as to what we could do.

"Oh it had crossed my mind but I am not too sure" I reply honestly. Part of me is sad that i wont get a traditional booze up before the wedding but at the same time I am almost glad, i do not want to be seeing that many people with a hangover.

"Nobody fear, Kate is here to fix all of your worries as i am the maid of honour and also future godmother of the lil bean" Kate speaks up as she takes a seat next to Mia, looking very proud of her mini speach. Oh god im nervous as to what shes going to throw me.

"Its awfully loud in here, what are you ladies up to?" Christian enters the room in a pair of dark jeans and a black top, he snakes his tanned arms around my waist and rests is head on my shoulder. swoon!

"Im maid of honour" Kate tells him before taking a swig from her tea.

"i know, i heard from out there!" Christian points to the hallway beyond the kitchen door.

"im also going to be godmum"She adds.

"oh" Christain raises his eyebrows and looks at me, "we hadnt even discussed that yet" he says quickly with a high pitched voice before slinking his arms away from my waist and pouring himself a coffee before standing next to me.

"So have you seen your dresses?" Christian adds and a small noice escapes my mouth. I wasnt going to show them today and by the excitement coming out of the two girls mades me confirm my suspicions that i should have waited. Christian clocks on and his face quickly switches to panic.

"show us." They demand and honestly i need to get out of the room before they put me into an early grave.

Grabbing the bags from one of the spare rooms, I carry them down the stairs in a fireman carry style. Before I enter the kitchen I hear the others talking about me.

"..Yeah I was itching to text her or come find her but she told me not to and I had to respect that" Christian says.

He wanted to get in contact with me! Those months where i sat both angry and sad in my room cause he hadn't found me, when really he wanted to see me.

"Are you alright Anna?" Kate notices me as she walks round the kitchen island.

"Huh? Oh yes sorry i was thinking about what shoes would match with your dresses" I wander into the kitchen and hang the dresses on the hooks behind the doors. Unzipping the backs slightly i peep into each bag to find which dress if for who, before passing them to the girls.

Kate's the first one to vocalize how much she loves the dress followed by Mia's much quieter response. They both eagerly dart into the living room to try on the dresses.

I wander round the kitchen island to Christian and hug his torso, he seams suprised for a second before hugging me back and asking if i am okay. Nodding into his chest, i hear the girls coming back into the room in their dresses.

"Wow!" Christian exclaims as they give us a spin.

They're both in a crushed purple slim dress with a small trail. Both dresses have a flattering V line and hug their figures perfectly. Wow indeed.

"Oh you too look beautiful!" I move away from christian and head towards the girls, before embracing them in a big hug.

"Oh wow what a lovely colour" Christians mum enters the kitchen and heads over to us, "You girls look beautiful!" she stands next to me, examining them.

"We thought for the reception after the wedding, you can get changed into your own dresses so that you can dance freely without worrying about the dress" I tell them as i walk back over the fridge to grab some orange juice.

"I am never taking this dress off!" Kate squeals.

---------

author note

hiyaaaaaaa

i have been fighting with this chapter for ages

but woooo

closing in on the end now!

thank you for all your continued support.