CHAPTER 21: LETS SEE THE RING

CHAPTER 21: Let's see the ring

Placing my makeup brush back onto the vanity, I gaze at my appearance in the mirror. Not bad for a small town hardware store employee.

My brown hair was softly curled and rested just below my shoulders, heading over to the wardrobe I pick the navy dress that Christian had bought for me. The dress has a beautiful cowl neckline and is made out of satin.

Slipping it on, once again finding myself staring at my reflection. Examining the way the dress compliments me odd body shape, I run my fingers over the soft fabric. Grabbing a pair of nude heels, I press my feet firmly into them. These are going to kill my feet.

"You scrub up well" Christian leans on the door frame as I fiddling with my earrings.

"Thank you" I glance over my shoulder, "you don't look too bad yourself. He was clean shaven, hair styled more that usual and as per usual in a black suit.
"No tie?" I question.

"Oh no that's too formal for tonight's dinner" he says walking into the room.

Too formal? If this is a comfy dinner then what the fuck is a for-

"If your going to wear those shoes I have something to stop your feet from hurting" he said walking back out of the room. Coming back in with a pair of, what look like socks, he passes them to me.
"Perfect for staying hidden under heels," he smiled at himself, "they're fine as long as your not wearing open toed shoes" he chuckled as he held an arm out for me to balance on while I adjusted my new socks.

"Ohhhh woww" I exhale. Instantly feeling my feet feel as though they are in uggs, "yep. Much better" I giggle.

Pulling out my phone I stand in front of the mirror and quickly snap a photo to share with Kate.

"Ready?" Christian asks me.
"Ready" I nod.

—————————
The car ride was peaceful, I sat stroking the fluffy faux fur jacket that Christians stylists had found me as Christian hummed along to the radio.

Pulling up at a massive- and I mean MASSIVE - house, Christian parks in between some very expensive cars.

"Now before we go in, I need you to wear this" he says reaching into his glove box. Pulling out a small box with a ring placed in it he looks at me, "Anna, will you be my fake wife?".

"Of course I will" I giggle extending my hand out, "however that's an engagement ring so I will be your fiancé" I note, he looks at the ring, mouth open.

"Oh shit" he gasped.

"Just say you wanted them to be at the wedding hence why we haven't gone fourth and wed yet" I say swinging the car door open.

"Okay" he nods, "Ah Anna, please be careful with the cars" he says watching me carelessly slam the door.

"Oh".

The entrance to the house was much like Christians, two stair cases, marble floors, chandelier.
"Oh Christian you made it" his Mother gushed as she trotted over to us. Her long red dress flowed behind her, as her hard eyes fixed on her son. Arms outstretched she pulled him into a.... hug? Hands on shoulders, cheek to cheek and that was it. Guess it's how the rich do it.

"And who is this?" She stood tall and examined me, from feet to the hairs on my head. I'm nervous.

"Mother this is Annastasia, the woman I am to marry" he smiled at me while placing his hand on my lower back, "Oh and Annastasia this is my Mother, Grace" he added.

"Lovely to meet you," I smiled a honest smile, "May I say you have a lovely house" said breaking the eye contact which had started to become over whelming.

"Indeed" she said in a low voice, "the others are in the drawing room" she addressed Christian.

With that Christian lead to me to the drawing room. "Don't look back" he whispered, and I knew what he meant. I could feel the burning of her eyes into my back as we left the main entrance into the drawing room.

Stepping into this darker room, I can't help but gasp. Walls lined with books upon books, plush leather sofas, a large fireplace and a coffee table. This is an amazing room. You know what, it's almost like the library in Beauty and the Beast.

"Annastasia meet my sister, Mia" Christian snapped me out of my thoughts, turning to face Mia I am not surprised by her good looks. Short blonde hair, which looks dyed, framed her face with a sweet smile.

"Ooo let's see the ring" she grabbed my hand and gasped, "Oh wow Christian, he is a pretty decent guy" she laughed.

"Thanks Mia" Christian rolled his eyes, "this is Elliot, but you have already met this one. Nice of you to show up" the atmosphere in the room went cold.

"They do this a lot," Mia leaned in and whispered to me, "Christian feels betrayed that Elliot doesn't help out with the business and that sort" she says. I nod.

"Nice to see you again, Annastasia" Elliot avoids looking at his brother and smiles at me.

"Let's go, foods probably ready"