Chapter 38: freedom

Chapter 38: freedom

It's 6am.

6am and I am fully packed.

Christian will be going on his jog soon so I listen. I listen to the small sound of feet landing down the stairs and to the sound of the front door shutting. Darting to the window, he's in all black running down the street. Perfect.

Grabbing my fully packed suitcase I drag it down the stairs, the large engagement ring left on the bed.

The fact that I even got slightly attached to this man makes it hurt more but I cannot be someone's puppet like this- I thought I could but I can't.

The wheels glide along the smooth tile flooring of the hallway and I dart into the kitchen to grab my car keys.

The front door shuts.

What?

Why is he back?

"Anna?" His voice is low. Grabbing my keys I don't reply to him and head back into the entrance hall to my suitcase.

"Why are you leaving?" He pleads, confusion riddled in his voice.

I grab the hard handle and pull it towards the door, he grabs my arm.

"Get off me" I snarl, his hand doesn't release me.

"Why are you leaving" he demands, his voice stronger than before.

"Because I can't do this" I turn to face his dark eyes. He's towering over me but I'm not scared.

"What" he looks nervous, scared maybe.

"I'm going home. I thought I could do this Christian, spend a few weeks with you. For me to get my course and you to get your company, not tv appearances and premiers. I won't be your representative anymore, I'm not gonna make you look good" I snarl in his face and slowly his hand loosens on my arm.

"No Anna I need you" he's begging now, his eyes haven't softened from their dark state and I doubt they will cause his words are empty and I know that, "please" he adds.

"It's always on your terms Christian and for once I'm making a decision. Don't come and find me" I tug at my arm and break free out of the door.

I speed down the driveway and throw my suitcase into my trunk before climbing into the drivers side. He's next to the car, pleading, wining. It's all bullshit to get me to stay.

Turning on the car, I smash it into reverse and back out of the large drive way.

Kate's calling me, I answer.

"I'm on my way" I tell her before exchanging small talk and hanging up.

Ugh what do I do now. Go back to working on the hardware store? Do I try and get into a editorial company?

I can't go back to how my life way before Christian.

But what comes after?

————
I know this is short and sweet but I am trying to churn out as much as I c an when it comes to it. I have great plans for the next few chapters so get ready