Chapter 35: Nerves

Chapter 35: Nerves

"Christian are you sure I look alright? I don't know if this is really the right thing to wear to a talk show" I walk into Christians kitchen after examining myself in the large mirror in the entrance hall. The crisp white material of my oversized shirt sits perfectly on my torso, with its large balloon sleeves tying at my wrists, allowing my small braided bracelet to be revealed. A pair of denim jeans hug my legs to my ankles where my feet rest in a pair of black stilettos, which thanks to Christians secret socks are now extremely comfortable.

Since our arrival back in America I have been staying at Christians house. This is for many reasons, the main one being Elliot has moved in with Kate and as much as I love Kate I don't want to be an awkward third wheel! That being said, I can't help but notice the recent Paul between me and Christian, and that I may have wanted to stay in his company a little longer. It's not that I'm catching feelings, it's just that...

Oh god.

Okay maybe I am but it's not that serious and I am sure he doesn't feel the same way- not that I want him too.

"Annastasia for the fourth time, you look great." Christian replies pulling me out of my thoughts and causing a small brush to scratch onto my face, "Are you going to brush your hair?" He questions and I dart back up the stairs.

Crap how could I forget something like my hair!

Quickly turning on the hair straighteners, I brush through my hair before sectioning it and quickly straightening it. That will do. I'm still wearing last night's make up but I'm not gonna lie, it doesn't look that bad and they will probably touch it up in the studio so no point me fussing over it. Right?

"Anna we need to go!" Christian calls from the bottom of the stairs and I quickly spray the perfume he got me and straighten my necklace before farting towards the door.

The drive to the studio is long. I can't help but panic, what sort of things are they going to ask me, will it be about Christian as I don't know that much about him. what if I fumble get something really obvious wrong. Oh god I'm shitting myself.

"Are you coming into the studio with me?" I ask quietly, almost hoping he didn't hear my childlike question. He looks over at me, concern riddled in his brows.

"Yes. For a bit. Until your settled then I need to go as I have a meeting" he tells me without breaking eye contact. I exhale knowing that I won't be completely alone in the studio, at least he's done stuff like this before.

Soon enough we arrive at the big studio and we park up in the spot reserved for guests. Walking towards the entrance I can't help but grip Christians hand, I hope he doesn't tease me for it. To my luck he says nothing but gives me a small squeeze.

"Annastasia perfect timing, if you would like to follow me we are just going to touch up your makeup and then you can sit in the lounge and snack on anything you would like. This is a prerecorded episode which will air on Sunday" the small man in Black tells me as he leads me behind the set and to a room that says ANNASTASIA STEELE on the white door, "Christian can stay with you until you have to enter the lounge" he tells me before leaving the two of us alone in the hallway.

Pushing open the door a woman with gorgeous natural curls sits on one of the chairs, "hi I'm Alyssa, I'm touching up your makeup today" she shakes my hand and we exchange pleasantries before she gets to work. She tells me she's a silent worker and she's not lying, if Christian weren't here to chat to me I would be talking to myself!

Alyssa leaves after neatening up my makeup and I stand to take a closer look at myself in the mirror.
"Anna you will be fine honestly, if they ask about us getting engaged quick just say we have known each other mutually for years because of Elliot or something. You will be fine, okay" Christian reassures me with a small smile, his hands on both of my shoulders.

"Okay" I smile at him and follow him out the door.

"Now you go that way and it will take you to the lounge and I will this way and be back to pick you up this evening. Have fun" he says with a cheeky smile before planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Have a nice meeting" I says shyly before heading towards the lounge.

OH MY GOD HE KISSED MY FOREHEAD-

oh

my

goditsHarryStylesimactuallypregnant

Breathe Anna, breathe. It's just Harry Styles.

"Hey, I'm Harry" He extends his hand for me to shake, I shake it quickly before introducing myself.

"I'm Anna and I am extremely nervous!" I laugh and sit next to him, there's a table with drinks and food on it and oh my it looks so good. If only I weren't so nervous I would eat every doughnut on that table.

"First television appearance?" He asks finishing his drink in his glass, before standing and making his way back to the table of goodies.

"Yeah I've never done anything like this before" I say and watch him as he starts mixing the drinks on the table, "what are you making?" I ask with a small giggle.

"Oh you mean this" he turns holding the glass up, revealing the pale pink coloured drink, "This is a mocktail" he says shaking his head as he says mocktail, "can I interest you in one?" He reaches to grab another glass as I nod at him.

"Sure, what's in it" I ask and peer around his body to try and see the concoction he was making for me.

"Cranberry, mango juice and then a dash of lemon juice" Harry says pouring each juice into the glass before putting a small cocktail umbrella into the glass and passing it to me. The interesting coloured drink has a very strong smell and I can't help but examine it.

"Oh" I hold it up to my face before taking a small sip and you know what, it's not that bad. "It could be worse" I say with a giggle. He comes and sits on the chair opposite me.

"Cheers" he smiles as he outstretches his glass. With a clink I take a large sip and rest back into the chair. I left my coat with my phone in in my dressing room and I'm kinda regretting it as I'm not sure how long I will have to wait here for.

"Annastasia, we are ready for you now" the small man in Black approaches me.

"Don't be nervous" Harry says with a smile.

I'm shitting myself Harry.

Shitting myself.